Commonly, when your toes are squeezed together too often and for too long, the nerve that runs between your toes can swell and get thicker. This swelling can make it painful when you walk on that foot. High-heeled, tight, or narrow shoes can make pain worse. Sometimes, changing to shoes that give your toes more room can help.
What are the symptoms?
Morton’s neuroma can cause a very painful burning or sharp pain in your foot that feels worse when you walk. It may feel like a small lump inside the ball of your foot.
- The tingling may get stronger as time goes on.
- You may feel shooting pains around the ball or your foot or the base of your toes.
- Your foot may feel like there’s a pebble in your shoe. Your toes might burn or feel numb.
- The discomfort may get worse when you’re walking or wearing shoes that squeeze your feet.
- The pain tends to ease off at night.
Women are more likely than men to get Morton’s neuroma due to wearing high-heeled shoes because they put pressure on the feet.
How is it diagnosed?
A doctor can usually identify Morton’s neuroma during a physical exam. Your doctor may also order an X-ray of your foot to make sure nothing else is causing the pain.
How is it treated?
You may be able to treat this problem at home:
- Avoid wearing tight, pointy, or high-heeled shoes. Choose well-fitted shoes with plenty of room for your toes. Wear shoes that have depth and room for your feet
- Put ice or a cold pack on the area for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. Put a thin cloth between the ice and your skin.
- Take anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce pain and swelling. These include ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin) and naproxen (such as Aleve).
- Rest your feet when you can. Reduce activities that put pressure on the toes, such as racquet sports or running.
- Try massaging your foot to relax the muscles around the nerve.
If these steps do not relieve your symptoms, your doctor may have you use special pads or devices that spread the toes to keep them from squeezing the nerve. In some cases, a doctor may give a steroid shot to reduce swelling and pain. If these treatments do not help, your doctor may suggest surgery.
View source at: https://www.webmd.com/women/mortons-neuroma – 1
MAYBE IT’S TIME THAT YOU CHANGE FOOTWEAR COMPANIES AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THERAPEUTIC FOOTWEAR.
THEN LET’S CREATE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW IMPORTANT THESE HEAT CUSTOMIZED MOLDABLE INSERTS ARE TO YOUR FEET AS WELL.
HERE ARE 28 REASONS THAT MAKES US, WWW.DTFOOTWEEAR.COM, SO UNIQUE OVER ANY OF OUR COMPETITION ON THE INTERNET!
WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT FITTING YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES PROPERLY!!
Please take a few minutes out of your busy schedule, just to read these 28 reasons and help you understand we are going to be at the top one day!
1) Do your shoes fit perfectly and give you that all-day comfort? Do you have a slender a or narrow foot, and your heel is too wide for your feet?
2) Do you have a wider foot and don’t have enough room in the toe box or the shoe?
3) Do you stand on your feet all day long, and when you get home, your feet are tired or hurting?
4) You’re a runner, and after every run, your knees, legs, ankle are sore or hurting?
5) When you wear your shoes, do you feel over the day that you have been receiving additional wear and tear to your feet?
6) Does your line of footwear offer 4 A 2 A B D 2 E 3 E 4 E 5 E 6 E 7 E 9 E 10 E and 14 E in widths?
7) Does your current shoe line offer 4 to 17 in length for you, Ladies?
8) Does your current line offer 1 to 3 sets of FREE HEAT MOLDABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS on every purchase of a pair of shoes? Does your line of footwear offer split resistance bottoms with a pair of Heat Moldable Customized Inserts FREE for you, and they have style?
9) Does your current shoe line offer Reinforce toe boxes and with widths and with a pair of FREE Heat Moldable Customized inserts that come FREE?
10) Is your current shoe line a Therapeutic/Orthopedic shoe line?
11) Does your shoe line offer an “Airflow system” for your heel and then again one of those unbelievable customized heat moldable customized insets for FREE?
12) Does your current shoe line have the strongest midsection and heel counter found in the shoe business?
13) Does your shoe line offer 3 to 1 combination last (dealing with the heel) that creates a better fit or none slipping in the heel?
14) Does your shoe line offer FREE shipping anywhere in the USA – YES THAT INCLUDES HI AND ALASKA?
15) Does your shoe line SHIP INTERNATIONALLY AND OFFER FREE DUTY to all international individuals?
16) Does your shoe line offer SPECIAL ORDER and means making styles for you through one of our two factories overseas?
17) Can your shoe line backorder a style if they are out of stock and no additional cost to you? Can your shoe line make ATHLETIC footwear in widths of 9 E 10 E and 14 E widths?
18) Does your shoe line have 257 videos that are educational and to help you understand or learn problems dealing with your feet and product knowledge of why we are so unique?
19) Does your current shoe line offer “Weather Footwear” for men and women in widths, and if the styles offer a removable footbed – then a pair of Heat Moldable Inserts will be coming along with your purchase for “FREE”?
20) Does your current shoe line offer 867 SKU’s?
21) Does your current shoe line offer VERY EASY RETURN POLICY?
22) Your ankles, back, knees, legs, hurt all the time.? We can help!
23) Are you just tired of the top of your feet hurting all the time, or your current shoes are not giving you the proper fit? We can help!
24) Are you tired of the plantar (bottom) of your feet always tired from your current footwear? We can help!
25) Does your current shoe line offer 5 to 20 in lengths in Men’s styles?
26) Does your current shoe line offer you a modification program and only charge you $95.00 for a custom insert?
27) Does your current shoe line offer a program that will add a lift, rocker bottom, extended widths, toe fillers, split sizes, and all for just $95.00?
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | 909-215-1622 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing you over 50 years of industry experience- trained by the best in the business.
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn