Toe Twitching: Why Does It Happen & How To Stop It
Tremors or spams of the toe can often be uncomfortable and irritating. Getting to the root cause and making changes may help stop your toes from twitching. Toe twitching can be caused by a variety of conditions, including issues with your circulatory system, muscles or joints, as well as your nutrition & exercise.
Causes of poor circulation can include plaque buildup in the arteries, or calcium or potassium deficiency. Poor circulation in your lower extremities can lead to a lack of oxygen supply to toe muscles. As a result of decreased oxygen levels, blood vessels may constrict, causing muscle spasms in the toes.
Sometimes, sudden stretching or overuse can cause muscle irritation in the toes, which can then cause twitching or cramping. If you’re on your feet a lot or exercise extensively, be sure to stretch your feet, including your toes. Just like any other muscle of the body, toes can cramp if not properly stretched before and after a workout.
Nutrient deficiency or dehydration can cause muscle spasms anywhere in the body, including your toes. Be sure you keep adequately hydrated by drinking at least half your body weight in ounces of water (for example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you need at least 75 ounces of water a day). Also, be sure you have adequate levels of calcium, potassium and B-12 to maintain healthy muscle development and function.
Sometimes, excessive toe twitching may be a result of a more serious medical condition. If you suspect you may have a medical condition, it is important to get an examination from a medical professional. Some medical conditions that may cause toe twitching include:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Nerve damage
- Spinal muscular atrophy
Home remedies for toe twitching
There are some fairly simple home remedies you can do at home to help ease twitching toes.
- Stretching or yoga
- Hydrate your body (water intake and/or electrolytes)
- Warm compress
- Cold compress
Most of the time, occasional toe twitching is no cause for concern, but if you are experiencing it regularly or are in pain, try some of the above remedies. Be sure to contact a medical professional if you think you may have a more serious condition.
We help there but what about your everyday occurrences with your feet and shoes?
Does your current shoe line or supplier offer all these major tributes in helping your feet have a Health Happy Day?
The reason why we, at https:www.DTFOOTWEAR.COM, is so unique on the internet:
1) Free direction and advice before you ever purchase a pair of shoes. Email or call me. Fill out our sizing chart, by inches, and learn your correct width and size that you should be wearing. I use to wear 8 1/2 and how I’m wearing a 10.
2) Will have you text a photo of your foot conditions – if needed
3) Free 1 to 3 Sets of Heat Moldable Customized Inserts reason for the added support:
We offer 1 to 3 sets of inserts, with every purchase of our footwear, Now, note that as long the style has a removable footbed. No other website offers this program and WOW do these inserts make a DIFFERENCES
4) Free shipping in the USA
5) Easiest return policy on this earth
6) If out of stock (if it is a stock shoe) we can order from our factories overseas and that is unheard of in the internet world
7) Unheard of a 9E 10E, and 14E width, in men’s and women’s, in the fashion shoe world
9E selection for Men and all these styles can be made into a 10E or 14E width thought our Special Order program
Very hard to find those slender and narrow widths in Men’s and Ladies.
4A Slender (7 Styles) and 2A Narrow (46 styles) for Women and B Narrow for Men (9 styles)
Where to find these widths:
8) Go to a 15 length for Women and a 20 length for Men.
9) A great percentage of our shoe line has a leather lining and usually only found in very high footwear. The reason why the leather lining is so important:
10) the strongest midsection in the shoe business. No bilateral movement and that will not add a significant amount of wear and tear to your feet over a day.
11) WE WANT YOU TO HAVE “HAPPY FEET” ALL THE TIME!
12) Does your shoe allow you to have wiggle room in your toes? View the video 10200TL video
13) Does your shoe give you that full arch support? Added arch support through these unbelievable Heat Moldable Customized Inserts
14) Do your shoes create no hangover for the bottom of your feet?
15) Do your shoes offload or take the pressure off your areas that are hurting you?
16) Do your shoes have a fuller toe box or fuller instep support?
17) Does your shoe have a steel shank?
18) Does your shoe have a removable footbed?
19) Do your shoes come with spacers to help control the fit of your shoe?
20) Does your shoe have a protective layer that protects your foot from the ground?
21) Does your shoe line have an An “AIRFLOW SYSTEM” – IN THE HEEL to help protect you from the outer surfaces when running or walking?
Example of this airflow system footwear and found in all our “0” series or any style that starts with the 0 images:
CEO of Dtfootwear.com that offers the best footwear found on the internet! GUARANTEE! I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthotic world.
President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | email@example.com
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn