Swelling of the ankle and feet a is relatively frequent symptom in most people. In itself it does not represent a disease but rather the symptom of an underlying disease.
- Causes of swollen ankles and feet are numerous including:
- Dependent swelling (edema)
- Diseases (for example, cingestive heart failure, alcoholism and liver failure)
- Blood clots
- Others (infrequent causes)
- Most people who spend time standing or sitting and those people with causes listed above are at risk for feet and ankle swelling.
- Swelling symptoms depend on the underlying cause so symptoms may range from a painless increase in foot and ankle diameter (size) to skin changes of color, and texture changes that may be localized to one or both or ankles. Other symptoms may include warm skin and ulceration with pus drainage
- Almost all feet and ankle swelling is diagnosed by clinical observation and physical examination; tests are ordered to diagnose underlying causes
- Treatment of swollen feet and ankles is dependent on diagnosing the underlying cause(s); some people require no treatment while others with underlying cause(s) may require several different treatments.
- Complications vary according to the underlying disease process and vary from no complications to skin ulcerations that can lead to infection and death
- Swollen ankles and swollen feet may be prevented in many people by simple methods, but in some individuals, symptom reduction or prevention is dependent on more complex methods related to the underlying cause(s).
The symptoms of swollen feet and swollen ankles depend on the underlying causes mentioned above.
- In general, swelling caused by dependent edema, pregnancy, medications, and most diseases produce swelling that is bilateral (present in both feet or ankles ) and usually begins as a soft, puffy skin enlargement in the feet that spreads rapidly (often within hours) to the ankles.
- The skin is easily indented when pressed down with a finger and slowly returns to its more puffy state when the finger pressure is removed.
- Indentations seen in the puffy skin when shoes or socks are removed are classic signs of swelling.
- The skin color with this swelling is often normal or slightly pale; indentation marks are slightly darker than the surrounding swollen tissue.
- Many individuals can simply position themselves on their backs, elevate their feet and ankles higher than their hearts, and after some time (often a few hours), the swelling may resolve completely. However, in some chronic diseases and with some medications taken for long time periods, the swelling becomes chronic and the skin becomes more rigid, reddish and sometimes mildly discolored or mottled and will not return to normal after a few hours of elevation. For example, many people with chronic congestive heart failure (CHF) will have chronic bilateral swelling of feet and ankles with skin changes.
To offload this problem it takes the proper footwear and the Heat Moldable Customized inserts that raise the planter of your foot temperature up 2 percent and this help creates better circulation to the feet and the legs. This helps control this edema problem.
Some more information about our outstanding footwear and those unbelievable customized inserts:
Go to those sites that offer 4E to 14E in widths for men and women. Very few on the internet. Go to the website that provides that complete comfort program and that is the perfect shoe and the ideal HEAT MOLDABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS. WOW. I SEE A LOT OF INSETS BEING ADVERTISED ON TELEVISION, AND ON THE INTERNET but not the two most essential elements for maximum support, balance, proper gait, strength offered together, and that is SHOES AND INSERTS!
To find relief from the above conditions go to www.dtfootwear.com and view all the styles and understand widths need the base as well as upper and a selection of widths (no minor league but major league) and with DTF we have 4A to 14E widths, for men and women. With all our removable inserts we can add those great Heat Moldable Customized Inserts and YES, we offer 1 to 3 sets of inserts for FREE. Listen below why these inserts are out of this world!
Why are we so HOT? That we a therapeutic/orthotic line – not just a comfort line but so much more and here is what are the differences between Therapeutic/Orthotic footwear and Comfort and Athletic footwear? What a difference- mainly lack bi-lateral movement on your feet, or we create a lot less wear and tear to your feet:
Again, we carry sizes from 4A to 14E widths for Men and Women. Try to find all those sizes under one website!
That means Slender, Narrow to Extra Extra Extra Wide Widths for Ladies and Narrow to Extra Extra Extra Wide Widths for Men.
That carries lengths up to a 20 for Men and 15 in Women’s length
Join the 4th pair FREE Club ( new program for us), and you don’t have to buy all three pairs to obtain your 4th FREE
Again, receive 1 to 3 sets of Heat Moldable Customized Inserts (value up to $240) all for FREE YES FREE!! Once you start wearing these inserts, you never go back to the conventional form of support. Most shoes and that is athletic or comfort provide terrible inserts
Why do I keep preaching about these HEAT MOLDABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS?
Let’s two videos tell you why:
YES, YES, FREE shipping in the USA, FREE duty ( in most cases) Free help or advice or direction for us We pay 1/2 of your freight when dealing out of the USA FREE Heat Moldable Customized Inserts