Here’s a video that explains the process of ordering “special order footwear” and that is for added color (that we don’t stock) or developed a style in the 9E 10E or 14E widths for Men and Women.
WE AT DTFOOTWEAR.COM CAN SPECIAL ORDER ALL MOST EVERY STYLE AND COLOR THAT IS ON OUR WEBSITE.
How to order a style dealing with the Special Order program:
For example, you want a Men’s 9602 Black in a 15 length and a 10E width. This style is not stock in a 15 10E but can be made into this size.
- Go to style 728 E Black and place an order for size 15 in length and 10E for width and place the order on the cart. This is getting you in the correct pricing for a 15 length and 10E width. We now know that you need a 15 length and 10E width.
- Then go to the Special Order section (found on the top of the homepage Menu) this is the page your on now and just press the red “Click Here To Order” and that will automatically enter a $95.00 charge to your cart.
- Then fill out the cart – in the “Ship to a different address,” you see an “Order Notes” this is very important that you fill out the style, size, and width that you want us to create for you! An example in this illustration would be 9602 Black 15 10E
Now, a procedure for a Ladies style:
You want a 9205 Ruby in a 13 length 10 E width this style is not stock in a 13 10E and that means a Special Order procedure.
- Go to 628 E Black and order a 13 length and 10E width and place it on the cart ( this gets us in the correct pricing for the 13 and 10 E length and width)
- Then, you’re already in the “Special Order” section, just press that red button below “Click Here To Order” and automatically a $95.00 charge will be issued to your cart
- Then fill out the cart – in the “Ship to a different address” you see an “Order Notes” this is very important that you fill out the style, size, and width that you want us to create for you! An example in this illustration would be 9205 Red 13 10E.
HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO GET THAT SHOE STYLE AND COLOR YOU HAVE WISHED FOR YOUR HARD-TO-FIND SHOE SIZE.
Make sure you read this statement:
Note all 10E 14E widths will have the EVA bottom and that is for an extension for your needed width. Athletic styles well not have an athletic bottom in no cases when dealing with the 10E and 14E width!
Note: this $95.00 charge is for one pair – so if your order two pairs, you need to “click here” twice, and this will show a $95.00 fee twice on your cart.
Back Order – no charge, and that is a style and size we have in stock and out of your size. We’ll order from the factory, and it will take 4 weeks (usually) to get back to our warehouse and off to you
Backorders and Special orders cannot deal with the following styles:
Styles that start with an “M.”
Styles that begin with a “W.”
Styles that start with the number “0.”
1) ADDING A NEW COLOR TO A SELECTED GROUP OF STYLES: $95.00 AND 4 TO 5 WEEKS IN DELIVERY
2) ADDING A NEW WIDTH OR LENGTH TO AN IN-STOCK STYLE (E.G.) 9702 L WHITE/BLACK IN A 17 10 E. A $95.00 PER PAIR CHARGE AND 4 TO 5 WEEKS IN DELIVERY
3) NEEDING 18 TO 20 LENGTHS FOR MEN’S SHOES ( THAT ARE NOT IN STOCK AND SELECTED STYLES) $95.00 4 TO 5 WEEKS IN DELIVERY
4) SPLIT SIZES IN MEN’S OR WOMEN’S STYLES (SELECTED GROUP) WILL BE CHARGED FOR TWO PAIRS OF SHOES AND RECEIVE ONE PAIR OF TWO DIFFERENT SIZES
5) CHARCOT SHOES ONE STYLE FOR WOMEN AND THREE STYLES FOR MEN (THESE STYLES WILL SEND TO YOU FROM OUR SPECIAL CATALOG) SOME STOCK BUT COULD BE 4 TO 5 WEEKS OUT ON DELIVERY. AGAIN, NOT SHOWN ON THE WEBSITE. VARIES WOMEN’S 185.00 AND MEN’S 185.00 TO 280.00 THE PRICES AND SIZING SHOWN THROUGH THE CATALOG THAT WE’LL SEND TO YOU
6) SURGICAL OPENING SHOES (IDEAL FOR FUSED ANKLE JOINTS) TWO STYLES FOR MEN AND ONE STYLE FOR WOMEN. NOT SHOWN ON THE WEBSITE BUT WE CAN SEND YOU A CATALOG OF STYLES AND PRICES FOR YOU AND SOME STOCK BUT COULD BE SPECIAL ORDER IF NEEDED
7) WOMEN’S POST-OP SHOES THREE STYLES AND NOT SHOWN ON THE WEBSITE, BUT THE SPECIAL CATALOG CAN BE SENT TO YOU. THE PRICES AND SIZES INCLUDED IN THE CATALOG, AND WE HAVE STOCK, BUT THIS COULD BE A SPECIAL ORDER DETERMINING THE WIDTH AND SIZES. You Can find these styles in the DPM section
8) MEN’S POST-OP SHOES THREE STYLES AND TWO STYLES FOR MEN’S POST-OP SHOES. AGAIN NOT SHOWN ON THE WEB SITE BUT A SPECIAL CATALOG WILL BE SENT TO YOU, AND YOU SEE THE STYLES, SIZES, AND THE PRICES OF EACH TIME. HAVE STOCK BUT COULD BE A PARTICULAR ORDER ITEM. You can find these styles in the DPM section.
8) ORDERING A SHOE THAT’S NEEDED IN A 9 E, 10 E, OR 14 E WIDTH FOR WOMEN. ANY WOMEN STYLE SHOWN IN A 5 E, 7 E WIDTHS FOR WOMEN STYLES. $95.00 PER PAIR CHARGE AND 4 TO 5 WEEKS DELIVERY
All stocked and backorder shoes can be returned ( as long they have not to be worn outside)
Any Special order shoes:
Special order shoe is one that we take a style from our stock program and change the size, width, the color, added a modification to the shoe (modification being lift, rocker bottom, pronation bar, insert filler), or convert from a tie to double or single velcro opening.
These special orders CAN NOT BE RETURNED!
COVID 19 situations:
We are one of the only (and maybe the only) websites that will do this special order program on the internet. That is because we actually own the two factories overseas and do these special orders in our sample rooms.
How we still make the shoes in 3 1/2 to 4 weeks (in our factories) and in the past, we always AIR the shoes to us, in a 2-day procedure. Now, with COVID 19, we can not AIR one pair of shoes to us and we have to put all special orders through the SEA SHIPPING procedure that takes an additional 3 to 5 weeks to get to us. We can now state that 6 to 8 weeks to get to you, is the norm, that’s if we have no delays with custom or unloading the ship. If that is the case, you can add a few more weeks to that delivery time.
Here’s a story about our current delays of Special orders and Back Orders. Fortunately, this does not happen that often but it can with this Covid 19 situation:
The problem with Back Order or Special Orders during the Covid 19?
We had 14 containers that arrive at the Los Angeles port on 11/2/20.
We did not receive the containers until 12/6/20.
It was not a delay with customs (this time). With the Covid 19, most USA ports are running at 70 percent capacity, and with the current spike, it has been even less.
So here a case that we got the Back Orders or Special Orders out of the factory in 4 weeks, and it takes 4 weeks to get to us, in this case, to LA port, and then we have the ship sitting out on the water for additional 5 weeks waiting to be unloaded.
We are lucky that we are still operating, but we all have to be patient about these circumstances.