The medical term for itching is pruritis, but it may as well just be called pure agony—that’s how exacerbating the sensation can be. One frequent target of itching is your feet, which are subject to a great deal of stress and susceptible to a variety of conditions that cause itchiness. For instance, your feet are exposed to temperature extremes from your shoes and the physical stress of bearing the weight of your body. This can cause skin dryness and irritation, which are common triggers of itchiness. These extremes also leave feet vulnerable to fungal infections, which also cause the skin to itch.
Itchy feet are also the signs of either a skin condition or some other underlying disorders that may cause itchiness.
Causes of itchy foot
There are several reasons that may lead to itchy feet. Here is a list of the top causes:
This is one of the most common causes of itchy feet and also named as tinea pedis.
It is caused by the fungal infection which affects the skin of feet and can spread to the toenails. Walking barefoot in the grass, damp closed rooms like locker room can increase the risk of getting this infection.
Could It Be Psoriasis?
Psoriasis happens when skin cells grow too fast and then pile up on the skin’s surface. It’s a long-lasting condition that usually runs in families. There are a few different types, and itchiness of the palms and soles is a common symptom.
If you have psoriasis, you may also have:
- Patches of red skin bumps filled with puss, or silver scales
- Painful, swollen, or stiff joints
- Soreness of the affected area
- Itchiness in other places like your elbows, knees, lower back, and face
Could It Be Eczema?
Eczema is a term for a group of conditions that inflame the skin. There are several different types that can show up anywhere on the body. But one type, called dyshidrotic dermatitis, affects only the hands and feet.
Could It Be Diabetes?
It’s caused by out-of-control diabetes, and it goes away when the disease is managed well. It can also make you itchy on your arms, legs, and buttocks.
Other signs of eruptive xanthomatosis:
- Small, yellow bumps on the skin
- Redness around the bumps
- High cholesterol
Could It Be Allergies?
Symptoms may not appear for a few hours after you touch the item you’re allergic to. When they do appear, you may feel itchy and have:
A less common cause of itchy foot:
Dysfunction of peripheral nerves in the foot can cause itching, burning, tingling & numbness of feet.
Uncontrolled diabetes is one of the common cause of such neuropathy. Recent research shows that almost 60% of people that have diabetes are prone to get some sort of nerve damage which may lead to neuropathy.
In this condition, peripheral nerves get damaged because of some underlying disease, injuries, chronic consumption of alcohol & certain viral infections.
Avoiding foot injuries, reducing the consumption of alcohol and taking strict control over diabetes can help to reduce the neuropathic symptoms. Using essential oils for neuropathy can help soothe the discomfort, but are not a cure.
Signs & Symptoms
Here are a few common symptoms & signs to look for if you have itchy feet –
- Dry skin of bottom of the foot
- Fluid-filled Blisters
- Rash, redness and inflamed areas
- White or dark-colored spots
In certain conditions like uncontrolled diabetes, the bottom of feet may itch without any visual signs. But neuropathy is more common in diabetic patients that pruritus.
How to treat itchy feet?
Itch can be caused by various reasons and certain causes can be treated easily at home.
- If you suspect the itching is caused by allergic reaction then apply topical anti-allergic cream to the bottom of feet.
- Take a foot soak bath, if your feet are dry. Try adding a few drops of essential oils that can help to soothe your feet.
- If the itch is caused by excessive sweat that triggered by tight shoes then just opt for the new shoes that fit well to your feet. Get a breathable shoe.
- Seek medical help to rule out the possible diseases.
- Your doctor may prescribe you anti-histaminic pills to alleviate the itching.
If foot itching persists and is painful or feels deep inside your skin see a podiatrist who can provide you with professional care. Maintaining healthy feet and choosing the best shoes will always be rewarding towards your overall well being!
Now, a few new styles from www.dtfootwear.com:
All our styles have the following features that make so much more unique than most footwear websites out on the internet today.
COMBINATION OF GREAT FOOTWEAR AND GREAT HEAT MODABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS IS THE WINNING COMBINATION!
Let this video explain what a therapeutic design or construction is all about dealing with footwear. Therapeutic/Orthotic consider an extra depth construction.
We are a therapeutic line, and the explanation between a conventional comfort line and our’s found in the video below
Now let’s talk, in more detail, about the ten reasons what makes Therapeutic footwear so much superior to a Comfort Shoe:
1) The strongest mid-support in the shoe business. No bilateral movement view the video above for illustrations and a midsection depth that gives you support and the maximum room in the footwear world. One of many reasons why therapeutic is considered extra depth
2) The strongest heel counter in the business that helps create no bi-lateral movement and the tallest heel counter in the footwear world. A reason whey therapeutic footwear considered extra depth
3) A taller toe box to create more wiggle room and space for your toes a reason why considered an extra depth footwear
4)Extended bottoms to give you the fullest width and support than any other shoe line anywhere
5) A lightweight shoe for less wear and tear on your feet but with all that great added support
6) all removable arch support to put a more advanced support system or a customized inserts
7) Women’s styles having a 3 to 1 combination last for better fit and support for your heel
8) Fuller forefront in the construction of the footwear to create more comfort and room for that maximum support and comfort and a reason why considered extra depth footwear
9) Deeper heel counter to build more balance and support to the heel section of the foot and other reason why consider an extra depth footwear
10) Leather lining that creates more flexibility and breathability to the foot
We have 4A (Slender width for Ladies) 2A (Narrow width for Ladies), B ( Medium width for Ladies and Narrow width for Men), D (Medium width for Men and Wide width for Ladies), 2E, 3E, 4E, 5E, 6E, 7E, 9E, 10E, 14E widths in Men’s and Ladies styles
We carry up to 20 in Men’s styles, and 15 in Ladies dealing in lengths
We have 5 to 6 lengths, in selected styles for Men and 4 to 5 in Women’s length
Some additional information and explanation of this type of footwear for all the Ladies out there:
ATTENTION LADIES, HERE IS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR NEEDS:
We have all those wide widths that are needed but with our 32 new styles of women’s footwear that we will be offering a 4A (Slender) 2A (Narrow) B (Medium) D (Wide) 3E Extra Wide) 5E Extra Extra Wide, 7E Full Extra Wide 10E Extra Full Wide, 14E (Superior Extra Wide Width) widths for you ladies- that is unheard that is offered by one website.
Why having this 3 to 1 combination last is so important in creating that perfect fit for all our ladies. What does 3 to 1 combination mean? The heel counter is 3 times narrow than the ball width of the shoe. Okay, big deal? Well, this is a critical factor because a women heel structure is a great deal narrow than a Men’s and if we made all our Ladies footwear as the same last of a Men’s style- the ladies heels would slipping all day long or have a terrible fit!
Having these 1 to 3 Customized Heat Moldable Inserts ( that is Free and remember that the shoe has to have a removable footbed for these inserts to work. Not all AA widths have this, but we’ll state, on our descriptions if you can receive 1 to 3 pair of these inserts FREE- up to a $240.00 value) will make that perfect fit, comfort and support experience out of this world — especially for those NARROW FEET!.
If you know someone (Ladies) that needs sandals, casual footwear, athletic footwear in a 4A (slender width) or AA (Narrow) width- let them know we have then and a great selection as well.
All new Slender (4A) and Narrow (AA) widths for ladies- look out we will have a ton for you to choose. New Dress Boots, up to 14 inches in shaft height, for women, Dress boots and new dress styles for Men as well. All Weather Footwear and Boots for both Men and Women. Some new dressy footwear for Men and women.
All our new and old styles are therapeutic/comfort that has the best fit and support in the shoe world.
It’s nice being called the “King Of Widths”, again 4A to 14E widths, on the internet, and all found at www.dtfootweear.com
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909–215–1622| firstname.lastname@example.org
Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn