A video that explains Morton on a different approach
What is Morton’s Neuroma?
What causes Morton’s neuroma?
Morton’s neuroma is caused by long-term pressure, either in the form of injury, irritation, compression etc., on one of the plantar digital nerves (nerves that lead to the toes). The repeated stress triggers a response which causes a thickening of the nerve tissue (neuroma). Women, who frequently wear high-heeled or narrow shoes, often suffer from Morton’s neuroma because these shoes tend to squash, rub, stretch, or compress the nerves between the base of the toes. Participating in high-impact activities such as jogging or running and many sports in general can also cause Morton’s neuroma as these activities, or the footwear they require, can put intense pressure on the ligaments. In addition, people that have certain foot deformities such as bunions, flat feet, and hammer toes, are also more prone to Morton’s neuroma as these conditions can cause the ligament to put pressure on the nerve as well.
What are the symptoms?
A feeling that your toes are asleep is yet another common symptom of Morton’s neuroma.
Finally, your toes might feel like they are cramping or you might experience a clicking sensation when you walk.
What are the treatment options?
While Morton’s neuroma will not go away on its own, there are measures you can take to alleviate pain and improve the foot’s condition. Sometimes the symptoms will even go away entirely.
One of the most important measures you can take to help alleviate foot pain caused by Morton’s neuroma is buying proper footwear. This means buying shoes that have good arch support and a broad toe box that allows the toes to spread out. Shoes like Dtfootwear, which are biomechanically engineered with unique therapeutic features, have proven extremely effective in easing pain and discomfort associated with Morton’s neuroma.
Treatment measures you can take on your own include the following:
- maintaining an appropriate body weight
- avoiding activities, at least temporarily, which put pressure on the foot
- massaging the foot and affected toes
- resting the foot
- using an icepack on the affected area
There are also special exercises you can perform that can improve strength and flexibility of the arch. These include exercises that stretch the Achilles muscle, the calf, the lower leg and the plantar fascia along the bottom of the foot, as well as exercises in general that strengthen foot muscles. Some of these exercises are described below:
1. Place the heel of your foot in one hand while also placing the other hand under the ball of your foot and toes. Then, slowly and gently pull the front of the foot and the toes toward your shin.
2. Stretch the foot by rolling it back and forth over a bottle on the floor.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications and injections are another treatment option for Morton’s neuroma. Injections can be either corticosteroid injections or alcohol sclerosing injections. The first reduces inflammation and pain. The latter can help reduce the neuroma and provide some pain relief.
As a last resort, you might consider surgery; while usually effective, most doctors prefer that sufferers of Morton’s neuroma exhaust all other treatment options first, as the surgery can result in permanent numbness of the affected toes.
And remember, comfort doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style.
COMBINATION OF GREAT FOOTWEAR AND GREAT HEAT MODABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS IS THE WINNING COMBINATION!
Let this video explain what a therapeutic design or construction is all about dealing with footwear. Therapeutic/Orthotic consider an extra depth construction.
We are a therapeutic line, and the explanation between a conventional comfort line and our’s found in the video below
Now let’s talk, in more detail, about the ten reasons what makes Therapeutic footwear so much superior to a Comfort Shoe:
1) The strongest mid-support in the shoe business. No bilateral movement view the video above for illustrations and a midsection depth that gives you support and the maximum room in the footwear world. One of many reasons why therapeutic is considered extra depth
2) The strongest heel counter in the business that helps create no bi-lateral movement and the tallest heel counter in the footwear world. A reason whey therapeutic footwear considered extra depth
3) A taller toe box to create more wiggle room and space for your toes a reason why considered an extra depth footwear
4)Extended bottoms to give you the fullest width and support than any other shoe line anywhere
5) A lightweight shoe for less wear and tear on your feet but with all that great added support
6) all removable arch support to put a more advanced support system or a customized inserts
7) Women’s styles having a 3 to 1 combination last for better fit and support for your heel
8) Fuller forefront in the construction of the footwear to create more comfort and room for that maximum support and comfort and a reason why considered extra depth footwear
9) Deeper heel counter to build more balance and support to the heel section of the foot and other reason why consider an extra depth footwear
10) Leather lining that creates more flexibility and breathability to the foot
We have 4A (Slender width for Ladies) 2A (Narrow width for Ladies), B ( Medium width for Ladies and Narrow width for Men), D (Medium width for Men and Wide width for Ladies), 2E, 3E, 4E, 5E, 6E, 7E, 9E, 10E, 14E widths in Men’s and Ladies styles
We carry up to 20 in Men’s styles, and 15 in Ladies dealing in lengths
We have 5 to 6 lengths, in selected styles for Men and 4 to 5 in Women’s length
Some additional information and explanation of this type of footwear for all the Ladies out there:
ATTENTION LADIES, HERE IS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR NEEDS:
We have all those wide widths that are needed but with our 32 new styles of women’s footwear that we will be offering a 4A (Slender) 2A (Narrow) B (Medium) D (Wide) 3E Extra Wide) 5E Extra Extra Wide, 7E Full Extra Wide 10E Extra Full Wide, 14E (Superior Extra Wide Width) widths for you ladies- that is unheard that is offered by one website.
Why having this 3 to 1 combination last is so important in creating that perfect fit for all our ladies. What does 3 to 1 combination mean? The heel counter is 3 times narrow than the ball width of the shoe. Okay, big deal? Well, this is a critical factor because a women heel structure is a great deal narrow than a Men’s and if we made all our Ladies footwear as the same last of a Men’s style- the ladies heels would slipping all day long or have a terrible fit!
Having these 1 to 3 Customized Heat Moldable Inserts ( that is Free and remember that the shoe has to have a removable footbed for these inserts to work. Not all AA widths have this, but we’ll state, on our descriptions if you can receive 1 to 3 pair of these inserts FREE- up to a $240.00 value) will make that perfect fit, comfort and support experience out of this world — especially for those NARROW FEET!.
If you know someone (Ladies) that needs sandals, casual footwear, athletic footwear in a 4A (slender width) or AA (Narrow) width- let them know we have then and a great selection as well.
All new Slender (4A) and Narrow (AA) widths for ladies- look out we will have a ton for you to choose. New Dress Boots, up to 14 inches in shaft height, for women, Dress boots and new dress styles for Men as well. All Weather Footwear and Boots for both Men and Women. Some new dressy footwear for Men and women.
All our new and old styles are therapeutic/comfort that has the best fit and support in the shoe world.
It’s nice being called the “King Of Widths”, again 4A to 14E widths, on the internet, and all found at www.dtfootweear.com
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909–215–1622
Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn