A lot of people think there is nothing that can be done with a a broken toe, so they don’t seek medical support with a toe injury.
That is far from the truth!
If you suspect your toe may be broken, please seek out the care of a medical professional for diagnosis and treatment.
There are also some great ways you can naturally support the body to help speed up the healing process.
When working to speed up the healing process, there are several natural- minded treatments you can use.
- You can buddy-tape the injured toe to the largest adjacent non-broken toe, to encourage proper alignment of the broken toe while healing. This can also help prevent the broken toe from moving to speed up the healing process. Always use gauze or a cotton ball between the toes that are being taped together to prevent skin irritation and infection.
- Use ice to reduce pain, inflammation and swelling as soon as possible after sustaining a toe injury.
- Keep off your affected foot as much as possible and avoid putting pressure on it. Elevating the affected foot can also reduce swelling.
- Wear supportive shoes with a high, wide toe box or open toes (men and women styles) to avoid further irritation or injury to the toe.
- Apply essential oils which help to aid in the healing process. Cypress, fir and helichrysum can be applied topically 3x daily to aid in the healing process.
There are several foods, herbs and supplements you can use to help speed up the healing process.
- Calcium rich foods: green leafy veggies, sea vegetables, salmon, sardines and unsweetened cultured dairy are all good natural sources of calcium which can support bone growth/healing.
- Zinc: pumpkin seeds, beef and spinach are great food sources of zinc, which helps to boost immunity and speed up the healing process required to rebuild bones.
- Vitamin K rich foods: kale, spinach, broccoli and other GREEN foods are high in vitamin k which supports healthy blood clotting and bone growth/healing.
- Turmeric/Curcumin is a great natural way to help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Bone broth/collagen supplements: Sipping bone broth throughout the day or incorporating collagen into your smoothies or meals can help to support healthy, strong bone growth.
Things to avoid
There are some things you should avoid when trying to heal a broken bone, as they can weaken your bones and promote inflammation:
- Refined sugar & grains
With the proper support and rest, you can absolutely help to speed up the healing process.
It can be frustrating, but remember if you take it easy immediately following the injury, you will heal much faster!
If you suspect a broken toe, see your podiatrist for assessment and treatment to prevent further complications.
Yours in Good Health,
Trina Kincey ~ Integrative Health Coach ~ Owner of Get Real Wellness, LLC
Let’s talk more about these unbelievable sandals styles that dtfootwear.com has to offer and all in those famous widths
Ladies, have you been spending your summers wearing thin-soled, flat- bottomed, very stylish sandals and wonder why your feet are causing you so much discomfort?
Cute sandals don’t always mean comfortable, and comfortable sandals don’t have to forgo style. At DTFootwear, we offer a smart combination of style and comfort, aimed at pampering your feet and prolonging their life.
Here‘s what we mean by “Healthy Happy Feet”
Both our women’s and men’s styles include the following features:
– T-Bar support
– A padded heel cup
– A raised, filled arch
– Added metatarsal padding
Where to find these fantastic supporting sandals for men and women:
A combination of these features offers maximum support, comfort, balance, and stride protection in every step you take.
Do you have feet that require extra width?
Many options are stocked and ready to ship.
If you need a size or width, we don’t stock, then let us special order. In any case, we’ll get you what you need.
Also, be sure to check out our simple measuring technique, created to take the guesswork out of measuring your feet.
Using it, we’ve established a 95% success rate in determining the perfect size and width for each customer.
Reach out today with any orthopedic/therapeutic needs you may have. We’re eager to help.
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | 909-215-1622 | email@example.com
Bringing you over 50 years of industry experience- trained by the best in the business.
DTFootwear.com Designer Orthopedic/Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn