A receipt for a Herb-Roasted Chicken that is a great diabetic receipt
I just had this meal made for me, and it was unbelievable and never though a diabetic dish could be so tasty.
Roasted chicken at its finest, this simple main dish receives an abundance of flavor from a rub of basil, sage, thyme, and lemon pepper. To complete the meal, carrots, onions, and peas are sprinkled with the same rub, roasted in a casserole dish, and served with sprigs of aromatic rosemary. Although the best way to cut back on fat and calories with poultry is to remove the skin, leaving the skin on during roasting helps keep the meat moist.
- 1 3-1/2 to 4-pound whole broiler chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning or ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse the inside of chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Skewer neck skin of the chicken to back (see photo); tie legs to tail. Twist wing tips under back. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with melted butter; rub garlic over chicken.
- In a small bowl stir together basil, sage, thyme, salt, and lemon-pepper seasoning; rub onto chicken. If desired, insert a meat thermometer into center of an inside thigh muscle (see photo). (The thermometer should not touch bone.)
- Roast, uncovered, for 75 to 90 minutes or until drumsticks move easily in their sockets and chicken is no longer pink (180 degrees F). Remove chicken from oven. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Makes 4 servings.
- Herb-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables: Before roasting chicken, in a large saucepan bring lightly salted water to boiling. Add 1 pound red potatoes, quartered (or halved, if small); 3 carrots halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces; and 1 medium turnip peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Add to boiling water. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain. Add drained vegetables and 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks, to the bottom of the roasting pan around chicken. Drizzle vegetables with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Roast as directed above, stirring vegetables once or twice during roasting. To serve, place chicken on serving platter. Arrange vegetables on serving platter around chicken. Nutrition Facts per 4 ounces chicken + 2/3 cup vegetables: 799 cols., 51 g total fat (17 g sat. fat), 233 mg chol., 657 mg sodium, 28 g carbo., 4 g dietary fiber, 54 g protein. Daily Values: 119% it. A, 50% it. C, 9% calcium, 24% iron. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 7 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Fa
Health is the number one priority for any person but especially a person who is a diabetic. Intake of proper food creates better weight control and definitely helps control diabetes. We also want to create the proper health for your feet, and that is done by proper footwear and the proper insert. This next information, you’ll be reading, is what is needed to obtain this perfect health for your feet.
Now, if we can get you in the proper footwear and hopefully you’ll allow these two items to be part of your lifestyle. These items will be working towards this success of keeping the disease out of your feet. We, at dtfootwear.com, can show you the proper footwear and the need to have the proper inserts to keep this diabetes out of your feet. Footwear as to have fashion (that we have) but the shoe is to control upper support and off-load any problems that you have on the top of your foot. Now, if you have problems, on the bottom of your feet, then it is the job of the properly removable insert to correct these problems. Everybody feels that it is the shoe that solves all the problems for a diabetic or a person who has major foot problems and that is not true. It takes two majors elements to off-loading, corrections, major added support and develops added circulation, that need to keep this disease out of your feet. All diabetic shoes need not have inside seams to create irritation.
Number one item: Proper shoes need to be a Therapeutic/Comfort (please!), not Comfort shoes (that many diabetic suppliers furnishes in this business today).
Number two is Customized Heat Moldable Plastazote Insert. Beside great support, added off-loading advantages, develops a better balance for walking or running and the added two percent that raise the temperature of the bottom of your feet and develops added circulation to keep the disease out of your feet. What added pleasures and advantages to just one item. Oh, yes these inserts are provided, by us, FREE when you purchase a pair of shoes – unbelievable!!!!
Please take this blog very serious because if you could spend a day with us – you would not believe the types of a complication of not having the proper footwear and inserts and not taking care of your feet.
We have a saying in our company “try our two items and experience like walking on a pillow with more added support than you have ever experienced.”
So, how you see the importance of a Diet and the proper footwear make your feet healthy at all times.
We, at DTF, have a deep concern for diabetics and their need for properly fitted footwear. We can provide “wide widths” – 4A to 14E – in both men’s and women’s footwear, and we can help those who have difficulty finding “over sizes” – 11 to 17 in length. We, also, can provide footwear in “under sizes” – 4 to 6 in length. In addition to being capable of providing these wide widths in fashionable styles of Therapeutic/Comfort footwear; we are offering a gift (as pictured above) to you! With every pair of shoes purchased, we will include up to (3) sets of Customized Heat Moldable Inserts that will provide even more support, added balance and stability every time you wear your shoes.
I hope that this blog has provided you with enough information to help you understand how we can help you. In conclusion, if you are having problems with your feet, please do not hesitate to call me on my cell phone 909-215-1622. I am often on the phone or in a meeting, so please leave a message and I will return your call at my earliest opportunity!
We have a saying, in our company, “try us, and you’ll have the experience of walking on a pillow, all day long, with more added support and more room and balance that you have ever had in any of your shoes before.” Guaranteed!
#widewidths #oversizes #undersizes #diabetic #addedsupport #feethurt
#footpain #tiredfeet #bunionrelief #hammertoesrelief
#charcotrelief #swollenfeetrelief #edemarelief #callusproblems
#spurproblems #neuropathy #poorcirculation #cornproblems
#footulcerations #footdeformity #afofootwear #burningfeet
#coldnessinfeet #soresonfeet #tinglingfeet