How Your Core Strength Is Affected By Your Feet
Did you know that your feet are connected to your core strength through a web-like tissue that connects the muscles of your feet to the muscles of your deep core — or pelvic floor — establishing what’s called the “foot to core connection?”
Remember, once you strengthen this core strength – you need proper fitting, supporting, balanced, inter support, outer midsection support and heel support to maintain that strength during the day dealing with the normal wear and tear on your feet.
NOW, ANOTHER QUESTION I GET ALL THE TIME IS DO YOUR SALE NORMAL SIZE FOOTWEAR? WHY DO I NEED FOOTWEAR THAT HAVE MORE ADVANCE THEN A NORMAL COMFORT FOOTWEAR OR ATHLETIC STYLES?
I want you also to have footwear that will not add at least 1 to 1/2 additional miles or wear and tear to your feet during a normal day of activity!
This video will explain our footwear compared to conventional comfort footwear or conventional athletic footwear that makes up 90 percent of the shoes you find on the internet today.
Not only does pregnancy affect your foot width, but it can also affect your waistline, as well as your pelvic floor. According to Pronatal Fitness “During pregnancy, a combination of hormonal changes and excess fluid accumulation can cause your feet to grow in length and width, and your arches to become flattered. And because of the whole fascia connection, unfortunately not fitting into your favorite pair of shoes may not be the only negative side effect! The widening and flattening of your feet also put increased strain on the muscles of your pelvic floor, which could eventually lead to issues like Diastasis Recti, incontinence, low back pain, and overall instability in your core.”
There are exercises you can do to help strengthen your pelvic floor by encouraging the mind-body connection between the core and the feet.
Core To Foot Connection Exercises*
These exercises are easy to do and can be done while watching TV in the evenings, or even in the office during the day.
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Imagine that the base of your pelvis is like the face of a clock with 12 o’clock being your pubic symphysis (front of your pelvis) and 6 o’clock as your tailbone.
- Inhale through your nose and let the belly rise while your pelvic floor muscles relax downward, then exhaling through your mouth as you draw your pelvic floor muscles up and your belly lowers down.
Now that you have mastered this breathing and pelvic floor lifting while laying down, you can transfer it to standing, while tying in your feet.
- Being standing with your feet facing forward, parallel to each other, and shoulder-width apart. Find your “foot tripod,” which is under your 1st toe (or big toe) and 5th toe (or pinky toe), and your heel. Lift your toes, spread them out, and place them down on the ground.
- Push the tip of your big toes down into the ground. Find the coordination of pushing down and connecting through both big toes at the same time. As you push your big toes down, your pinky toes should also connect to the ground.
- Hold for 5 seconds and repeat.
- Begin by inhaling through your nose for 5 seconds — feeling your ribcage expand and pelvic floor muscles relax and lower down. As you exhale through your mouth, start to draw 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock (remember step 2!), feeling the tension of your pelvic floor. Simultaneously as you exhale, begin to push your big toes down into the ground so that you feel the stability between the feet and core.
- Relax, inhale and repeat 5 times or until you have it mastered. With each repetition, you should notice and appreciate how your breath, deep core, and feet are connected or coordinated.
OUR GOAL AT WWW.DTFOOTWEAR.COM:
“TO CREATE HAPPY HEALTHY FEET”
My main goal in life is to see as many people as possible have “HEALTH HAPPY FEET” forever all over the world. I still own a Medical Company (DTF CO) that handles footwear for the diabetics coast to coast, and in 18 years, we have had the pleasure of working with over 1/2 million patients. How our, www.dtfootwear.com, the website was born by having the nurses (in over 850 facilities) asking for the same footwear and inserts for themself as well. The nurses heard and seen the smiles, the faces of happy clients, and the God Bless you, etc. all the time, and we have had a 98 percent satisfaction rating with our service and products. Now, we are working on having one of the top footwear lines on the internet – dealing with widths, lengths, sizing, fitting, major support issues, up to 3 sets of Heat Customized Moldable Over the counter Inserts and the only website that will give up to 3 sets of these inserts FREE.
CEO of Dtfootwear.com that offers the best footwear found on the internet! GUARANTEE!
I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthopedic world.
President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | email@example.com
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn