Foot corns are hardened layers of skin that develop from your skin’s response to friction and pressure. You may have foot corns if you experience the following symptoms on the tips and the sides of your toes:
- a rough, tough, yellowing patch of lumpy or bumpy skin
- that’s sensitive to touch
- pain when wearing shoes
Foot corns can be safely treated, and you can even prevent future ones. Keep reading to learn tips on how you can manage existing corns and minimize your chances of developing new ones.
Where do foot corns develop?
Corns can form in a variety of places on your feet, such as:
- below your toenail bed
- between your toes
- on the sides of your feet
- on the bottoms of your feet
What causes foot corns?
You can develop foot corns from wearing shoes that are too snug on your feet. If you stand or walk for long periods of time, the weight of your body and the constant friction can also cause painful corns on the bottoms of your feet.
How can you treat corns?
If you’re sure you have a corn, you can try one of these methods to manage it at home. You should also get rid of any shoes that are too small for your feet and other ill-fitting shoes.
File away the corn
It may be possible to remove the corn. Use these steps:
- Soak your feet in a warm bath with Epsom salts.
- After the soak, pat your feet dry with a clean towel and moisturize with a hydrating lotion or cocoa butter.
- Continue this process daily until your corn has softened.
- After it’s softened and not painful, try gently rubbing the corn with a pumice stone.
- If the corn is between your toes, use an emery board, also known as a nail file, to rub them.
- Repeat these steps until your corn has disappeared, which may take a few weeks.
Apply castor oil and corn pads
If you’d prefer to not file away your corn, there are other methods. You can soak your feet daily as described above and then follow these steps:
- Pat dry your feet and apply castor oil. This is a vegetable-based oil that you can purchase at your local pharmacy.
- After moisturizing your corn with castor oil, protect it with a special corn pad that you can find at your pharmacy. Corn pads help relieve the pressure from the area so that the corn can heal.
- After applying, make sure to wear socks that are not too tight and ones you don’t care for because the castor oil can stain. It could take several weeks for the corn to heal.
If you’d prefer a quicker method to get rid of your corns, over-the-counter options are available and considered safe and effective as well. You can purchase corn pads containing salicylic acid in the foot care aisle of your pharmacy and apply them on your corns. By following the directions provided, you can see your corns disappear in as quickly as two weeks.
When should you visit your doctor?
See your doctor if home treatments don’t work. Your doctor may refer you to a podiatrist. A podiatrist is a doctor that specializes in foot conditions. To treat the corn, they may scrape, shave, or cut away the layers of the hardened skin. This will help with the removal of your corn. It may take a few appointments depending on the size of your corn.
Other reason how to prevent corns in the eyes of www.dtfootwear.com system.
COMBINATION OF GREAT FOOTWEAR AND GREAT HEAT MODABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS IS THE WINNING COMBINATION!
Let this video explain what a therapeutic design or construction is all about dealing with footwear. Therapeutic/Orthotic consider an extra depth construction.
We are a therapeutic line, and the explanation between a conventional comfort line and our’s found in the video below
Now let’s talk, in more detail, about the ten reasons what makes Therapeutic footwear so much superior to a Comfort Shoe:
1) The strongest mid-support in the shoe business. No bilateral movement view the video above for illustrations and a midsection depth that gives you support and the maximum room in the footwear world. One of the many reasons why therapeutic is considered extra depth
2) The strongest heel counter in the business that helps create no bi-lateral movement and the tallest heel counter in the footwear world. A reason whey therapeutic footwear considered extra depth
3) A taller toe box to create more wiggle room and space for your toes a reason why considered an extra depth footwear
4)Extended bottoms to give you the fullest width and support than any other shoe line anywhere
5) A lightweight shoe for less wear and tear on your feet but with all that great added support
6) all removable arch support to put a more advanced support system or a customized inserts
7) Women’s styles having a 3 to 1 combination last for better fit and support for your heel
8) Fuller forefront in the construction of the footwear to create more comfort and room for that maximum support and comfort and a reason why considered extra depth footwear
9) Deeper heel counter to build more balance and support to the heel section of the foot and other reason why consider an extra depth footwear
10) Leather lining that creates more flexibility and breathability to the foot
We have 4A (Slender width for Ladies) 2A (Narrow width for Ladies), B ( Medium width for Ladies and Narrow width for Men), D (Medium width for Men and Wide width for Ladies), 2E, 3E, 4E, 5E, 6E, 7E, 9E, 10E, 14E widths in Men’s and Ladies styles
We carry up to 20 in Men’s styles, and 15 in Ladies dealing in lengths
We have 5 to 6 lengths, in selected styles for Men and 4 to 5 in Women’s length
Some additional information and explanation of this type of footwear for all the Ladies out there:
ATTENTION LADIES, HERE IS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR NEEDS:
We have all those wide widths that are needed but with our 32 new styles of women’s footwear that we will be offering a 4A (Slender) 2A (Narrow) B (Medium) D (Wide) 3E Extra Wide) 5E Extra Extra Wide, 7E Full Extra Wide 10E Extra Full Wide, 14E (Superior Extra Wide Width) widths for you ladies- that is unheard that is offered by one website.
Why having this 3 to 1 combination last is so important in creating that perfect fit for all our ladies. What does 3 to 1 combination mean? The heel counter is 3 times narrow than the ball width of the shoe. Okay, big deal? Well, this is a critical factor because a women heel structure is a great deal narrow than a Men’s and if we made all our Ladies footwear as the same last of a Men’s style- the ladies heels would slipping all day long or have a terrible fit!
Having these 1 to 3 Customized Heat Moldable Inserts ( that is Free and remember that the shoe has to have a removable footbed for these inserts to work. Not all AA widths have this, but we’ll state, on our descriptions if you can receive 1 to 3 pair of these inserts FREE- up to a $240.00 value) will make that perfect fit, comfort and support experience out of this world — especially for those NARROW FEET!.
If you know someone (Ladies) that needs sandals, casual footwear, athletic footwear in a 4A (slender width) or AA (Narrow) width- let them know we have then and a great selection as well.
All new Slender (4A) and Narrow (AA) widths for ladies- look out we will have a ton for you to choose. New Dress Boots, up to 14 inches in shaft height, for women, Dress boots and new dress styles for Men as well. All Weather Footwear and Boots for both Men and Women. Some new dressy footwear for Men and women.
All our new and old styles are therapeutic/comfort that has the best fit and support in the shoe world.
It’s nice being called the “King Of Widths”, again 4A to 14E widths, on the internet, and all found at www.dtfootweear.com
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909–215–1622| firstname.lastname@example.org
Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn