When searching for a properly fitting shoe, there are several things you need to make note of. One of the best ways to ensure proper fit is to have your feet evaluated by a footwear professional, or by a Proper Sizing Technique.
Our shoes play many important roles in the protection, support and development of our feet.
It is crucial to be sure that your shoes fit properly, or else you are leaving yourself open to foot conditions such as bunions, corns, calluses, plantar fasciitis, stress fractures and more.
Here are some important steps to take when ensuring you have the proper fit.
- Have your feet measured every 6 months – 1 year.
- As we age and our bodies change, so do our feet. Your feet may change in length, width and arch type as you age.
Make sure you measure BOTH of your feet.
- Many people have 1/2 to full size discrepancy between their feet.
- If you only measure one of your feet, chances are, you may not be buying the proper size for the other.
Ideally, feet should be measured at the end of the day when they are at their largest.
- This way, you can ensure that your shoes will be able to accommodate your feet at their largest size, including any possible swelling.
- Ensure that the shape of the shoe (including the toe) is complimentary to your foot.
A pointy toed shoe will most likely not offer an ideal foot, as it does not follow the natural shape of your foot.
- Don’t buy shoes with the intention of “breaking them in” or stretching them over time.
Shoes shoes fit properly right out of the box. If they do not, they are not the right shoe for your feet.
- When checking the fit of your shoe, be sure to stand fully upright and ensure there is 3/8″ or 1/2″ (about a finger’s width) between your toes and the tip of the shoe.
Be sure to stand up and walk around in the shoes, or jog around the store in them if they are athletic shoes.
- You want to ensure there isn’t any heel slippage, and that shoes offer plenty of room in the toe box, so you don’t feel any rubbing of the toes.
Ensuring you have the proper fit in your shoes is so important, not just for adults, but for children as well.
An improperly fitted shoe can hinder natural development of your child’s feet, so be sure to have them regularly measures (every 3-4 months).
Yours in Good Health,
Trina Kincey ~ Integrative Health Coach ~ Owner of Get Real Wellness, LLC
Why should you consider Dtfootwear.com?
Now let’s talk, in more detail, about the ten reasons what makes Orthopedic/Therapeutic footwear so much more advances:
1) The strongest mid-support in the shoe business.
No bilateral movement view the video above for illustrations and a midsection depth that gives you support and the maximum room in the footwear world.
The reason why orthopedic/therapeutic considered extra depth or gives your toes and your whole foot added wiggle room.
2) The most solid heel counter in the business that helps create no bi-lateral movement and the tallest heel counter in the footwear world.
3) A taller or fuller toe box to create more wiggle room and space for your toes a reason.
4) Extended bottoms to give you the fullest width and support than any other shoe line anywhere
5) A lightweight shoe for less wear and tear on your feet but with all that great added support
6) All removable arch support to put a more advanced support system or customized inserts.
YES, next time you buy a new pair of shoes, make sure that it has a removable footbed.
The reason for this is that it allows you to put into your shoes a more advanced insert that has much more support and comfort.
About 85 percent of the comfort and running shoes that you purchase will have zero support in the inserts that come with the shoes.
If you can’t remove the manufacturer’s insert, then you have a problem.
The reason for the problem is that you cannot put one insert on top of another insert.
WOW, the reason that these shoes not constructed to accommodate better inserts.
So make sure you purchase shoes.
With a removable footbed so you can take out the one insert and put in a proper insert that will provide the comfort and support that you need.
For more information about appropriate inserts, you go to www.dtfootwear.com and find out how to get three sets of Triple-Layer Heat Moldable Customize inserts that we give away Free.
7) Women’s styles having a 3 to 1 combination last for better fit and support for your heel
8) Fuller forefront in the construction of the footwear to create more comfort and room for that maximum support and comfort.
9) The deeper heel counters to build more balance and support to the heel section of the foot.
10) Leather lining that creates more flexibility and breathability to the foot
Dtfootwear can help those who have difficulty finding “oversized” – up to 15 in length for Women and up to 20 in length for Men
Where to find these 18 -20 styles? Where to find these up to 15 styles in Women’s?
Go to the homepage and view the middle of the page that states 18- 20 Men’s styles. Then 12 -15 for Women.
YES, the same procedure for 4 to 6 in Women’s styles and 5 to 6 in Men’s.
Then, those GREAT 9E 10E and 14E widths for Men and Women
WHERE TO FIND THEM ALL:
DTF COMPANY SAYS THANK YOU TO OUR CONTRIBUTORS WHO ARE JUST A CLICK AWAY
NOTE: WE JUST ADDED A GROUP 0F NEW LAMBSKIN FOOTWEAR, FOR MEN AND LADIES, TO OUR GREAT SELECTION.
TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND HOW SOFT AND SUPPORTIVE THESE UPPERS ARE – WE ARE INTRODUCING THEM STRICTLY IN OUR 30/40 DISCOUNT CLUB FOR A LIMITED TIME.
ENTER SEARCH: “LAMBW” FOR WOMEN AND “LAMBM” FOR MEN
OR, GO TO THE CHALKBOARD, FOUND ON THE HOMEPAGE, AND CLICK MEN OR WOMENS TO SEE THE STYLES AVAILABLE
Nice called the “King Of Widths.”
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthopedic world.
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn