Open-Face Chicken and Mushroom Sandwiches – a great diabetic meal
This sandwich is a complete meal on a slice of bread. Grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, generously sized Portobello mushrooms, and tender asparagus spears top a thick slice of toasted Italian country bread for a sandwich that will entice anyone. When grilling the chicken, it is important to use an instant-read thermometer to ensure proper doneness of the meat before serving.
• 8 oz. asparagus, trimmed
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• Salt and coarsely ground pepper
• 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 lb. total)
• 4 4-inch Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
• 8 1/2-inch thick slices country Italian bread*
• 1 8-ounce tub cream cheese spread with chive and onion
1. Tear off a 36 x 18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil; fold in half to make an 18-inch square. Place asparagus in center of foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to completely enclose asparagus, leaving space for steam to escape. Set aside.
2. Brush chicken and mushrooms with remaining oil; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. For a charcoal grill, place chicken, mushrooms, and foil packet with asparagus on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 170°F, turning chicken and mushrooms once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken, mushrooms, and foil packet on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) Remove chicken, mushrooms, and foil packet from grill; slice mushrooms.
3. Toast bread slices on grill rack for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once; spread one side of each with cream cheese. On serving plates stack half of the bread slices, spread side up, chicken, remaining bread, mushrooms and asparagus. Makes: 4 servings
4. * If bread slices are too large, use halved slices of bread
Health is the number one priority for any person but especially a person who is a diabetic. Intake of proper food creates better weight control and definitely helps control diabetes. We also want to create the proper health for your feet and that is done by proper footwear and the proper insert. This next information, you’ll be reading, is what is needed to obtain this perfect health for your feet.
Please allow us to get you fitted with the proper footwear and hopefully, with our help, you will be working your way to success in keeping the disease out of your feet. We, at dtfootwear.com, know that proper footwear for you and the need to have the proper insert(s) to keep this diabetes out of your feet is important. Footwear can be fashionable (and we have that) but the ultimate purpose of the shoe is to control upper support and to off-load any problems that you have on the top of your foot. If you are experiencing problems with the bottom of your feet, then it is the job of the proper, removable insert to correct them. Many people believe it is the shoe that solves all or most of the problems for diabetics or people who has major foot problems, but that is not always the case. Off-loading requires three elements – corrections, added support and developing added circulation, to keep this disease out of your feet. Shoes for diabetics should not have inside seams that create irritation.
First of all, the proper shoe needs to be a Therapeutic/Comfort (please!) not Comfort shoes (which many diabetic suppliers furnish in this business today). Secondly, Customized Heat Moldable Plastazote Inserts are necessary. Beside great support, the other advantages of added off-loading will help you develop better balance for walking or running and the 2% increase in temperature of the bottom of your feet will aid in developing better circulation to keep the disease out of your feet. Think of the added pleasures and advantages in just one item. And, oh yes, these inserts are provided FREE by us for every shoe purchased – unbelievable!!!! Please take this blog seriously because if you were to spend a day with us, you would learn of the types of complications that develop from not wearing proper footwear and inserts … and by not taking care of your feet.
We have a saying in our company “try our two items and experience walking on a pillow with more added support than you have ever experienced.”
So, now you see the importance of a Diet and the proper footwear to make your feet healthy at all times!