How To Speed Up Healing Of A Broken Toe
Broken bones are no fun! Broken toes can be especially painful, and if you are an active person, they can really hold you back from doing the things you love. Thankfully, there are some natural ways you can speed up the healing process and get yourself back in the swing of things a bit faster.
Natural Treatments: When working to speed up the healing process, there are several natural- minded treatments you can use.
- You can buddy-tape the injured toe to the largest adjacent non-broken toe, to encourage proper alignment of the broken toe while healing.
- This can also help prevent the broken toe from moving to speed up the healing process.
- Always use gauze or a cotton ball between the toes that are being taped together to prevent skin irritation and infection.
- Use ice to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling as soon as possible after sustaining a toe injury.
- Keep off your affected foot as much as possible and avoid putting pressure on it.
- Elevating the affected foot can also reduce swelling.
- Wear supportive shoes with a high, wide toe box or open toes to avoid further irritation or injury to the toe.
- Apply essential oils which help to aid in the healing process. Cypress, fir, and helichrysum can be applied topically 3x daily to aid in the healing process.
Nutritional/Supplement Support: There are several foods, herbs, and supplements you can use to help speed up the healing process.
- Calcium-rich foods: green leafy veggies, sea vegetables, salmon, sardines, and unsweetened cultured dairy are all good natural sources of calcium that can support bone growth/healing.
- Zinc: pumpkin seeds, beef, and spinach are great food sources of zinc, which helps to boost immunity and speed up the healing process required to rebuild bones.
- Vitamin K rich foods: kale, spinach, broccoli, and other GREEN foods are high in vitamin k which supports healthy blood clotting and bone growth/healing.
- Turmeric/Curcumin is a great natural way to help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Bone broth/collagen supplements: Sipping bone broth throughout the day or incorporating collagen into your smoothies or meals can help to support healthy, strong bone growth.
Things to avoid: There are some things you should avoid when trying to heal a broken bone, as they can weaken your bones and promote inflammation:
- Refined sugar & grains
With the proper support and rest, you can absolutely help to speed up the healing process.
It can be frustrating, but remember if you take it easy immediately following the injury, you will heal much faster! If you suspect a broken toe, see your podiatrist for assessment and treatment to prevent further complications.
We have the best athletic, casual, and fashionable men’s and women’s walking styles in the Orthopedic/Therapeutic/Comfort line of shoes in the country.
We have the lengths and the hard-to-find widths. And we’re proud of our designs and construction in the world of “Women’s Wide Shoes.”
Anyone who requires an adequately fitted width must understand that the shoes must have an extension on the sole to properly contain their foot without the foot hanging over the shoe.
What that means is that every width (in a higher percentage of our shoes) will be two times wider at the outsole of the shoe.
For example, if you require a 6 E width, we’ll have an 8 E bottom for the base of that width. Therefore, no overhang of your feet and a perfect base to provide all the necessary support and balance.
A comfort shoe is not always an Orthopedic/Therapeutic shoe.
Also, keep in mind that a comfort shoe often has very little midsection support.
The lack of midsection support allows the feet to move forward and laterally at the same time.
These combined movements will increase stress to your feet. Please view all our styles by going to our site dtfootwear.com
We, at DTF, have a deep concern for people with diabetes and their need for properly-fitted footwear.
We can provide 15 different widths for Men and Ladies. 4 A (Slender for Ladies), 2 A (Narrow for Ladies), B (Narrow for Men and Medium for Ladies) D ( Medium for Men and Wide for Ladies.
Dtfootwear can help those who have difficulty finding “oversizes” – up to 15 in length for Women and up to 20 in length for Men.
We can provide footwear in “under sizes” – 4 to 6 in length for ladies in wider widths and 5 to 6 in Men-style in wider widths.
In addition to being capable of providing these wide widths, in fashionable styles of Therapeutic/Comfort footwear.
We are offering a FREE GIFT to you! With every pair of shoes purchased, we will include up to (3) sets of Customized Heat Moldable Inserts
That will provide even more support, added balance, and stability every time you wear your shoes.
We have a saying in our company, “try us and you’ll have the experience of walking on a pillow, all day long,!
With more added support and more room and balance than you have ever had before with any of your shoes.”
READ MORE OF OUR POST:
Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthopedic world.
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn