Metatarsalgia is a general term used to denote a painful foot condition in the metatarsal region of the foot (the area just before the toes, more commonly referred to as the ball-of-the-foot).
This is a common foot disorder that can affect the bones and joints at the ball-of-the-foot.
Metatarsalgia (ball-of-foot-pain) is often located under the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th metatarsal heads, or more isolated at the first metatarsal head (near the big toe).
With this common foot condition, one or more of the metatarsal heads become painful and/or inflamed, usually due to excessive pressure over a long period of time.
It is common to experience acute, recurrent, or chronic pain with metatarsalgia.
Ball-of-foot pain is often caused from improper fitting footwear, most frequently by women’s dress shoes and other restrictive footwear.
Footwear with a narrow toe box (toe area) forces the ball-of-foot area to be forced into a minimal amount of space.
This can inhibit the walking process and lead to extreme discomfort in the forefoot. Other factors can cause excessive pressure in the ball-of-foot area that can result in metatarsalgia.
Also as we get older, the fat pad in our foot tends to thin out, making us much more susceptible to pain in the ball-of-the-foot.
A raise toe box, or fuller toe box is the correct way to obtain perfect peace.
HAVING THE PROPER TOE BOX IS MANDATORY AND HAVING THE BEST WIDTH, FOR THE BALL JOINT, OR WHAT WE CALL A WIDE WIDTH DESIGN FOOTWEAR IS ALSO MANDATORY!
Treatment & Prevention
The first step in treating metatarsalgia is to determine the cause of the pain.
If improper fitting footwear is the cause of the pain, the footwear must be changed.
Footwear designed with a high, wide toe box (toe area) and a rocker sole is ideal for treating metatarsalgia.
The high, wide toe box allows the foot to spread out while the rocker sole reduces stress on the ball-of-the-foot.
Unloading pressure to the ball-of-the-foot can be accomplished with a variety of footcare products. Orthotics designed to relieve ball-of-foot pain usually feature a metatarsal pad.
The orthotic is constructed with the pad placed behind the ball-of-the-foot to relieve pressure and redistribute weight from the painful area to more tolerant areas.
Other products often recommended include gel metatarsal cushions and metatarsal bandages.
When these products are used with proper footwear, you should experience significant relief.
If problem persists, consult your foot doctor.
Yours in Good Health,
Trina Kincey ~ Integrative Health Coach ~ Owner of Get Real Wellness, LLC
What else can you expect from www.dtfootwear.com
The DTF Footwear mission is to offer you the highest quality orthopedic/therapeutic shoe on the market, thus creating a perfect fit, optimal support, stable balance, and prolonged energy for your feet.
A quality shoe, designed with extra width and length, and paired with our heat molded custom inserts will do just that. With every pair of shoes, your purchase, we provide THREE FREE pairs of our triple-layer heat custom-molded inserts. That’s enough to last you one whole year! Visit us today at www.dtfootwear.com
What makes DTF unique in the industry?
For starters, we have a 95% success rate. Our success stems from a combination of these winning factors:
We have hands down, the best sizing program in the industry. We carry an unprecedented assortment of widths, both in men’s and women’s styles. Men’s and women’s widths: 4 A, 2 A, B (narrow for men), B ( medium for women), D (medium for men and wide for women),
– As a gift with a purchase, we include three free pairs of our triple-layer heat molded – customize inserts (a $240.00 value)
– Our shoes allow for zero bilateral movements, preventing excess wear and tear on your feet.
– Our shoes also have extended bottoms in all widths, which is especially important and for 6 E, 7 E, 9 E, 10 E, and 14 E widths.
– DTF’s products meet both an orthopedic and therapeutic design with lasting uppers. You’ll find that most of our competitors cover merely the orthopedic aspect.
– Our superior designs help minimize swelling.
– We’re one of the few shoe lines offering a 3 to 1 combination in women’s styling.
– Many of our styles weigh merely 7 ounces.
– Great designs for AFO and inter braces.
– Many of our styles also offer an airflow heel system, which acts as an additional shock absorber for the feet, especially the heel.
– Many of our styles are unique leather-lined, adding an even higher than standard quality.
– We have superior toe and heel construction compared to that of conventional comfort or athletic footwear.
– We offer FREE domestic shipping
– A no-Hassle return policy, NO store credits! We’ll issue a full refund of your purchase.
– Special orders are available. We’re the only online company that will convert a 5 E, 6 E, 7 E, or 9 E ( if the style is not stocked in a 9 E) width into a 10 E, 14 E width for you, in both men’s and women’s styles.
– Shipped, in most cases, using Priority Mail, with a 2 to 3 day ship time (domestic) and 6 to10 days (international).
DTF is a firm believer in educating our clients, which is why we keep an online video library containing over 265 educational videos.
We want you to get it right for you.
Our success is dependent upon that, and so is our growth.
We currently have an incredible online following, but happy customers will only help that to grow.
,Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | email@example.com
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn