I haven’t had the pleasure of tasting this meal, as yet, but it sounds like an unbelievable diabetic dish.
Is your garden overflowing with fresh tomatoes? Here’s a sauce recipe that keeps them at their flavorful best. You can double or triple this recipe for garden-fresh pasta sauce all year long. If you like your sauce thick and chunky, you can skip milling some of the tomatoes; just blanch and peel them first.
- 15 pounds firm, ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small green or red sweet pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash tomatoes. Remove cores; cut into quarters.
- Place tomatoes in an 8- or 10-quart Dutch oven or kettle. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Press tomatoes through a food mill; return tomatoes to Dutch oven. Discard seeds and pulp.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, onion, sweet pepper, and, if desired, mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onion and pepper are soft. Add to tomato mixture. Stir in garlic, parsley, brown sugar, fennel seed (if desired), salt, basil, oregano, marjoram, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 2 hours or until reduced by half, stirring frequently. (Measure the depth with a ruler at the start. At the finish, the depth should be half of the original measure.)
- Ladle hot sauce into hot, clean quart or pint canning jars, leaving 1-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Process jars in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure for 25 minutes for quarts or 20 minutes for pints. Allow the pressure to come down naturally. Remove the jars from canner; cool on racks. Makes 4 pints (16 one-half cup servings).
Health is the number one priority for any person but especially a person who is a diabetic. Intake of proper food creates better weight control and definitely helps control diabetes. We also want to create the proper health for your feet and that is done by proper footwear and the proper insert. This next information, you’ll be reading, is what is needed to obtain this perfect health for your feet.
Now, if we can get you in the proper footwear and hopefully you’ll allow these two items to be part of your life style. These items will be working towards this success of keeping the disease out of your feet. We, at dtfootwear.com can show you the proper footwear and the need to have the proper inserts to keep this diabetes out of your feet. Footwear as to have fashion (that we have) but the shoe is to control upper support and off-load any problems that you have on the top of your foot. Now, if you have problems, on the bottom of your feet, then it is the job of the proper removable insert to correct these problems. Everybody feels that it is the shoe that solves all the problems for a diabetic or a person who has major foot problems and that are not true. It takes two majors elements to off-loading, corrections, major added support and develop added circulation, that is need to keep this disease out of your feet. All diabetic shoes need not have inside seams to create irritation.
Number one item: Proper shoes need to be a Therapeutic/Comfort (please!) not Comfort shoes (that many diabetic supplier furnish in this business today).
Number two is Customized Heat Moldable Plastazote Insert. Beside great support, added off-loading advantages, develops a better balance for walking or running and the added two percent that raise the temperature of the bottom of your feet and develops added circulation to keep the disease out of your feet. What added pleasures and advantages in just one item. Oh, yes these inserts are provided, by us, FREE when you purchase a pair of shoes – unbelievable!!!!
Please take this blog very serious because if you could spent a day with us – you would not believe the types of complication of not having the proper footwear and inserts and not taking care of your feet.
We have a saying in our company “try our two items and experience like walking on a pillow with more added support than you have ever experienced”
So, how you see the importance of a Diet and the proper footwear to make your feet healthy at all times.
We have the best athletic, casual, dressy designs, walking styles of men’s and women’s in the Therapeutic/Comfort line of shoes in the country. We have the length and the widths and where proud of our designs and construction in the world of “Women’s Wide Shoes” Any person that needs a proper fitting width needs to know that the shoes need an extension on the sole of the shoe to properly house their foot with no hangover with their feet to the shoe. What is meant that every width, with us (in a good percentage of our shoes), have two widths wider at the outsole of the shoe? So if you need a 6E width, we’ll have an 8E bottom for the base of that width. So again no hangover for your feet and a perfect base for your feet to have all the support and balance that is needed.
A Comfort shoe is usually not a Therapeutic shoe, and a Comfort shoe usually has very little midsection support. The lack of the Mid Section support allows your feet to be moving forward and lateral at the same time. These two movements add a great deal more wear and tear on your feet. If you need a view of all our styles, please go to our site dtfootwear.com
We, at DTF, have a deep concern for diabetics and their need for properly fitted footwear. We can provide “wide widths” – 4A to 14E – in both men’s and women’s footwear, and we can help those who have difficulty finding “over sizes” – 11 to 17 in length. We, also, can provide footwear in “under sizes” – 4 to 6 in length. In addition to being capable of providing these wide widths in fashionable styles of Therapeutic/Comfort footwear; we are offering a gift (as pictured above) to you! With every pair of shoes purchased, we will include up to (3) sets of Customized Heat Moldable Inserts that will provide even more support, added balance and stability every time you wear your shoes.
I hope that this blog has provided you with enough information to help you understand how we can help you. In conclusion, if you are having problems with your feet, please do not hesitate to call me on my cell phone 909-215-1622. I am often on the phone or in a meeting, so please leave a message and I will return your call at my earliest opportunity!
We have a saying, in our company, “try us, and you’ll have the experience of walking on a pillow, all day long, with more added support and more room and balance that you have ever had in any of your shoes before.” Guaranteed
#widewidths #oversizes #undersized #diabetic #added support #feet hurt
#footpain #tiredfeet #bunionrelief #hammertoesrelief
#charcotrelief #swollenfeetrelief #edemarelief #callusproblems
#spurproblems #neuropathy #poorcirculation #cornproblems
#footulcerations #footdeformity #afofootwear #burningfeet
#coldnessinfeet #soresonfeet #tinglingfeet
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and a very SUCCESSFUL 2016