I just had this meal made for me, and it was unbelievable and never though a diabetic dish could be so tasty.
Browned pork chops are cooked in apple cider with cabbage, onions, carrots, and apple slices. They are cooked until the chops are done and the cabbage is crisp-tender. A sauce is made from the drippings in the pan. The pork chops are served with the vegetables and apple slices, and the sauce is drizzled over the entire dish to blend the fruit and savory flavors of this hearty meal.
- 4 pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick (1-1/4 pounds total)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges (3/4 cup)
- 1-1/4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 medium red or green apple, cored and sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim fat from meat. Spray an unheated, large skillet with nonstick spray. In the skillet brown chops over medium heat about 4 minutes on each side. Add cabbage, carrot, onion, 1 cup of the apple cider or juice, vinegar, and horseradish. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer mixture for 7 to 8 minutes or until pork is done (160 degrees F) and cabbage is crisp-tender. Add red or green apple; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the chops and vegetables to a platter, reserving the liquid in the skillet; keep warm.
- For gravy, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup apple cider, cornstarch, bouillon granules, and pepper. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve with the pork chops and the vegetables. Makes 4 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Shred cabbage and cut up carrot; refrigerate in plastic storage bags or containers up to 12 hours ahead
Health is the number one priority for any person but especially a person who is a diabetic. Intake of proper food creates better weight control and definitely helps control diabetes. We also want to create the proper health for your feet, and that is done by proper footwear and the proper insert. This next information, you’ll be reading, is what is needed to obtain this perfect health for your feet.
Now, if we can get you in the proper footwear and hopefully you’ll allow these two items to be part of your lifestyle. These items will be working towards this success of keeping the disease out of your feet. We, at dtfootwear.com, can show you the proper footwear and the need to have the proper inserts to keep this diabetes out of your feet. Footwear as to have fashion (that we have) but the shoe is to control upper support and off-load any problems that you have on the top of your foot. Now, if you have problems, on the bottom of your feet, then it is the job of the properly removable insert to correct these problems. Everybody feels that it is the shoe that solves all the problems for a diabetic or a person who has major foot problems and that are not true. It takes two majors elements to off-loading, corrections, major added support and develop added circulation, that need to keep this disease out of your feet. All diabetic shoes need not have inside seams to create irritation.
Number one item: Proper shoes need to be a Therapeutic/Comfort (please!), not Comfort shoes (that many diabetic supplier furnishes in this business today).
Number two is Customized Heat Moldable Plastazote Insert. Beside great support, added off-loading advantages, develops a better balance for walking or running and the added two percent that raise the temperature of the bottom of your feet and develops added circulation to keep the disease out of your feet. What added pleasures and advantages in just one item. Oh, yes these inserts are provided, by us, FREE when you purchase a pair of shoes – unbelievable!!!!
Please take this blog very serious because if you could spend a day with us – you would not believe the types of a complication of not having the proper footwear and inserts and not taking care of your feet.
We have a saying in our company “try our two items and experience like walking on a pillow with more added support than you have ever experienced.”
So, how you see the importance of a Diet and the proper footwear make your feet healthy at all times.
A Comfort shoe is usually not a Therapeutic shoe, and a Comfort shoe usually has very little midsection support. The lack of the Mid Section support allows your feet to be moving forward and lateral at the same time. These two movements add a great deal more wear and tear on your feet. If you need a view of all our styles, please go to our site dtfootwear.com
We, at DTF, have a deep concern for diabetics and their need for properly fitted footwear. We can provide “wide widths” – 4A to 14E – in both men’s and women’s footwear, and we can help those who have difficulty finding “over sizes” – 11 to 17 in length. We, also, can provide footwear in “under sizes” – 4 to 6 in length. In addition to being capable of providing these wide widths in fashionable styles of Therapeutic/Comfort footwear; we are offering a gift (as pictured above) to you! With every pair of shoes purchased, we will include up to (3) sets of Customized Heat Moldable Inserts that will provide even more support, added balance and stability every time you wear your shoes.
I hope that this blog has provided you with enough information to help you understand how we can help you. In conclusion, if you are having problems with your feet, please do not hesitate to call me on my cell phone 909-215-1622. I am often on the phone or in a meeting, so please leave a message and I will return your call at my earliest opportunity!
We have a saying, in our company, “try us, and you’ll have the experience of walking on a pillow, all day long, with more added support and more room and balance that you have ever had in any of your shoes before.” Guaranteed
#widewidths #oversizes #undersized #diabetic #added support #feet hurt
#footpain #tiredfeet #bunionrelief #hammertoesrelief
#charcotrelief #swollenfeetrelief #edemarelief #callusproblems
#spurproblems #neuropathy #poorcirculation #cornproblems
#footulcerations #footdeformity #afofootwear #burningfeet
#coldnessinfeet #soresonfeet #tinglingfeet
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL