Foot pain from driving is a very common condition as your feet are working quite hard. “Driver’s Foot” is the name given to the condition brought on by repetitive stress.
Many people get cramps in their feet, feel the pain in either the heel of their foot, the ball of the foot around the big toe joint or across the top of the foot. The pain can be worse when you get stuck in traffic or drive for long periods.
Here are a few ideas, treatments and techniques that might help reduce the pain and stop any aching you might get when driving for long distances.
- Always adjust the car seat and steering wheel to the most comfortable position possible. Driving with the seat too close to the pedals means your ankle joint gets compressed. Having the seat too low puts more pressure on the tendons at the back of your heel; take time to get in good position.
- Wear comfortable, practical shoes for driving. Make sure that you have comfortable wiggle room in these shoes and wide widths shoes play a major role in this maximum comfort.
- Check your angle – Your foot should be at a 45-60 degree angle to the pedals.
- Keep your heels on the floor – Use your foot as a lever to press the pedal, without moving your heel.
- Try to drive with flat shoes – shoes with heels will increase the angle at which your foot has to bend which will lead to tension and possibly pain.
- Never drive in bare feet – this will give you less control over the car and the pressing of the pedals.
- Don’t wear slip-on shoes (like sandals or flip-flops without heel straps) – if they come loose, it can become a distraction and possibly dangerous. You may also have less grip to use the pedals.
- Try not to sit too close – the closer you are to the wheel, the more bent your legs will be. This will also cause the angle at which your foot bends to be smaller.
You can buy specific “driving shoes” designed for long term driving or a good choice is to wear a pair of Moccasins, well-fitting loafers or a good pair of trainers/sneaker with plenty of cushioning and support. Leave a pair in your car so you don’t have any excuses.
- Comfy shoes not enough? Try orthotics. The right arch support and footbed is essential to healthy feet. Why not invest in a pair of slip in orthotics for constant comfort, on and off the road. Check out great heat molable customized inserts that come from from www.dtfootwear.com a great solution.
- Move, already. On a long haul, take breaks to walk, stretch and flex your feet and ankles. If possible, take your shoes off or do some fast foot exercises. At home after driving, try a nice massage to loosen up tight muscles and connective tissue.
- The old standby: R.I.C.E. – Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate
MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR TO CONTINUE THE SUCCESS WHILE DRIVING AND ALL THE PROTECTION AND COMFORT NEEDED FOR ALL YOUR DAILY FUNCTIONS
We have a favorite and that is www.dtfootwear.com!
Therapeutic/Orthopedic construction that is comfortable, supportive, fitting, balance, strongest mid-intersection support, airflow heel construction, widths unheard of in the shoe world, great service, special order program, lengths unheard in the shoe world, 3 to one combination last for ladies, extension, on the bottoms, on many of our styles, 9 e 10 e 14 e widths for men and women , Free heat moldable customized inserts and that is up to 3 sets with a purchase of a pair of shoes or a $240.00 gift to you, ship internationally. We have more but running out of space.
WHAT ARE MAJOR GOAL AT WWW.DTFOOTWEAR.COM
One of our main goals, in life, is to see as many people as possible have “HEALTH HAPPY FEET” forever all over the world. I still own a Medical Company (DTF CO) that handles footwear for the diabetics coast to coast, and in 18 years, we have had the pleasure of working with over 1/2 million patients. How our, www.dtfootwear.com, the website was born by having the nurses (in over 850 facilities) asking for the same footwear and inserts for themselves as well. The nurses heard and seen the smiles, the faces of happy clients, and the God Bless you, etc. all the time, and we have had a 98 percent satisfaction rating with our service and products. Now, we are working on having one of the top footwear lines on the internet – dealing with widths, lengths, sizing, fitting, major support issues, up to 3 sets of Heat Customized Moldable Over the counter Inserts and the only website that will give up to 3 sets of these inserts FREE.
- An opportunity to find that hard size and the ONLY websites that will be dealing with WIDE WIDTH SHOES in 9E 10E and 14E widths and that will give you that opportunity to find that hard size. The only website that will provide three sets of Heat Moldable Customized Inserts for FREE, and this is a $240.00 value (a gift to you with your purchase).
- Extended bottoms that create no foot (plantar or bottom) to hang over the shoe. This extended bottom unheard of in the shoe business. Mandatory for those wider widths – that is needed to create that perfect fit.
- 1 to 3 combination last (for Ladies) and that means more fuller forefront or ball width and that narrower fit to the heel. 1 to 3 unheard in the shoe business. Even though you might have a fuller ball width, almost all women have a 3 to 1 narrow heel than the ball width. Found in no other website dealing with footwear!
- Fuller toe box and fuller ball width structure that creates the wiggling effect for your toes
- The most durable midsection and heel counter construction in the shoe business. These are Therapeutic/Orthopedic styling, and we produce no added wear and tear to your feet. Let this video explain and show you the difference of a conventional comfort or athletic shoes ( that 85 percent of the shoes found on the internet) to a Therapeutic/Orthopedic style. Then added this one to three pairs of unbelievable Customized Heat Moldable Inserts that are FREE and create that maximum support and feeling of walking on air all day long.
- Most of our shoes are only 7 ounces in weight, the lighter the shoe with the proper support only puts less wear and tear to our feet and whole body.
- FREE shipping all over the USA (YES – Alaska and Hawaii) and we ship internationally as well and usually DUTY-FREE
- A number of styles that have the “AIRFLOW SYSTEM” that give added spring and protection to the bottom of the heel.
- Make sure your footwear gives you the full wiggle room possible in all the important parts of your foot . With these proper inserts that will create arch support, lateral support, metatarsal support, heel support, rising temperature to create better circulation in your body, added layers for inter and outer protection and support, molds to ever need of the bottom of your feet. All this and more is why your body well hopefully create a better posture.
- Even with the best selection of widths on the internet about 80 percent of our business is done on regular widths and length. Why? Because of the need of the added support under their feet. Most shoes come with no or little support and when you feet hurt on the bottom you have a lack of support GUARANTEE! We at dtfootwear.com have the solution to this problem! 1 to 3 sets of the BEST HEAT MOLDABLE CUSTOMIZED INSERTS on the internet and these 1 to 3 sets are giving to you “FREE.”
Thank you,Ron Heinlein | President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | firstname.lastname@example.orgDTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn#healthyhappyfeet#therapeuticshoe#DTFootwear#7EWideShoes#9EWIDESHOES#10EWIDESHOES#14EWIDESHOES#WIDEWIDTHSHOES#FASHIONABLEWIDESHOES#OrthoticShoes#COMFORTSHOES#EDEMASHOES#BUNIONSHOES#DIABETICSHOES#DesignerShoes#EXTRAEXTRAWIDESHOES#Insertsforshoes#Customizeshoes#Narrowshoes#HeelAirFlowSystem#EXTRAWIDEATHETICSHOES