6 Tips On How To Avoid “Driver’s Foot”. Wiggle room is needed and these 9 E WIDTH SHOES play a major role
Foot pain from driving is a very common condition as your feet are working quite hard. “Driver’s Foot” is the name given to the condition brought on by repetitive stress.
Many people get cramps in their feet, feel the pain in either the heel of their foot, the ball of the foot around the big toe joint or across the top of the foot. The pain can be worse when you get stuck in traffic or drive for long periods.
Here are a few ideas, treatments and techniques that might help reduce the pain and stop any aching you might get when driving for long distances.
- Always adjust the car seat and steering wheel to the most comfortable position possible. Driving with the seat too close to the pedals means your ankle joint gets compressed. Having the seat too low puts more pressure on the tendons at the back of your heel; take time to get in good position.
- Wear comfortable, practical shoes for driving. Make sure that you have comfortable wiggle room in these shoes and wide widths shoes play a major role in this maximum comfort.
- Check your angle – Your foot should be at a 45-60 degree angle to the pedals.
- Keep your heels on the floor – Use your foot as a lever to press the pedal, without moving your heel.
- Try to drive with flat shoes – shoes with heels will increase the angle at which your foot has to bend which will lead to tension and possibly pain.
- Never drive in bare feet – this will give you less control over the car and the pressing of the pedals.
- Don’t wear slip-on shoes (like sandals or flip-flops without heel straps) – if they come loose, it can become a distraction and possibly dangerous. You may also have less grip to use the pedals.
- Try not to sit too close – the closer you are to the wheel, the more bent your legs will be. This will also cause the angle at which your foot bends to be smaller.
You can buy specific “driving shoes” designed for long term driving or a good choice is to wear a pair of Moccasins, well-fitting loafers or a good pair of trainers/sneaker with plenty of cushioning and support. Leave a pair in your car so you don’t have any excuses.
- Comfy shoes not enough? Try orthotics. The right arch support and footbed is essential to healthy feet. Why not invest in a pair of slip in orthotics for constant comfort, on and off the road. Check out great heat molable customized inserts that come from from www.dtfootwear.com a great solution.
- Move, already. On a long haul, take breaks to walk, stretch and flex your feet and ankles. If possible, take your shoes off or do some fast foot exercises. At home after driving, try a nice massage to loosen up tight muscles and connective tissue.
- The old standby: R.I.C.E. – Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate
MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR TO CONTINUE THE SUCCESS OF KEEPING YOUR FEET HAPPY, HEALTH AND COMFORTABLE AT ALL TIMES
We have a favorite and that is www.dtfootwear.com!
Therapeutic/Orthopedic construction that is comfortable, supportive, fitting, balance, strongest mid-intersection support, airflow heel construction, widths unheard of in the shoe world, great service, special order program, lengths unheard in the shoe world, again 3 to one combination last for ladies, extension, on the bottoms, on many of our styles, 9 e 10 e 14 e widths for men and women , again Free heat moldable customized inserts and that is up to 3 sets with a purchase of a pair of shoes or a $240.00 gift to you, ship internationally.
WHAT ARE MAJOR GOAL AT WWW.DTFOOTWEAR.COM
Healthy Happy Feet
One of our main goals, in life, is to see as many people as possible have “HEALTH HAPPY FEET” forever all over the world. I still own a Medical Company (DTF CO) that handles footwear for the diabetics coast to coast, and in 18 years, we have had the pleasure of working with over 1/2 million patients. How our, www.dtfootwear.com, the website was born by having the nurses (in over 850 facilities) asking for the same footwear and inserts for themselves as well. The nurses heard and seen the smiles, the faces of happy clients, and the God Bless you, etc. all the time, and we have had a 98 percent satisfaction rating with our service and products. Now, we are working on having one of the top footwear lines on the internet – dealing with widths, lengths, sizing, fitting, major support issues, up to 3 sets of Heat Customized Moldable Over the counter Inserts and the only website that will give up to 3 sets of these inserts FREE.
CEO of Dtfootwear.com that offers the best footwear found on the internet! GUARANTEE!
I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthopedic world.
President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | email@example.com
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn