6 Podiatrist Recommended Foot Care Tips For Winter
With the winter season is here, you’ve felt the chill in the air – and snow, slush, and sleet – which means that you been using your heavier footwear and socks! Wintertime is a tough season for your feet even though they will be covered most of the time. This is the reason now is the time to do a careful evaluation of your feet and prepare them for long cold months ahead.
1. Take a polish vacation, suggests Dr. Splichal, in order to help rejuvenate nails. She recommends over-the-counter products such as Biotin, a dietary supplement often recommended for strengthening hair and nails. It’s part of the B complex group of vitamins and needed by the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
Another useful supplement is black currant oil. According to Dr. Splichal, it contains a fatty acid that keeps nails moist. And, she added, vitamin C is always good for hair, skin and nail health.
2. For those planning to visit a podiatrist this season for a routine exam, Dr. Splichal noted Nuvail is a prescription lacquer applied to the nails to strengthen them. You can ask your doctor for details.
3. Climate control is another source of concern during the colder months when closed-toe footwear is typically worn. “In closed shoes, you want to combat sweating,” said Dr. Splichal. Brew some black tea and allow your feet to soak in it. “It has tannic acid that [helps] shrink sweat glands in the feet to prevent sweating,” she explained. “Soak your feet for 30 minutes every day for seven days.”
4. Dry heels are also a product of winter, said Dr. Splichal, who has a simple remedy: rub Vaseline onto heels after showering or bathing. It acts as a sealant that locks in moisture. For the most effectiveness, cover feet in plastic wrap overnight.
5. For those who want the full spa effect, try smoothing rough heels with a pumice stone. Here, Dr. Splichal suggests first softening the stone with water, then applying to the heels. If opting for a PedEgg foot file, keep feet dry as well before using. Here, a stainless steel micro file gently removes calluses and dead skin.
6. Hosiery can also play a part in foot health. Dr. Splichal suggests socks made with bamboo for breathability, or styles impregnated with silver or copper that exhibit antimicrobial features. While cotton is a natural fiber, Dr. Splichal said it absorbs sweat in socks rather than wicking moisture away; wool or synthetic blend fiber is a better choice.
Now, proper footwear that will be insulated and weatherproof is mandatory and hope your selection has some of the following features to help your feet to be safe, comfortable, dry, and wiggle room.
(Note not all our weather footwear has all these features listed below. Even if they have 50 percent they usually more outstanding then the weather gear that is featured out on the internet today)
The reason why we, at https:www.DTFOOTWEAR.COM, is so unique on the internet:
1) Free direction and advice before you ever purchase a pair of shoes. Email or call me. Fill out our sizing chart, by inches, and learn your correct width and size that you should be wearing. I use to wear 8 1/2 and how I’m wearing a 10.
2) Will have you text a photo of your foot conditions – if needed
3) Free 1 to 3 Sets of Heat Moldable Customized Inserts reason for the added support:
We offer 1 to 3 sets of inserts, with every purchase of our footwear, Now, note that as long the style has a removable footbed. No other website offers this program and WOW do these inserts make a DIFFERENCES. These inserts will control EDEMA as well.
4) Free shipping in the USA
5) Easiest return policy on this earth
6) If out of stock (if it is a stock shoe) we can order from our factories overseas and that is unheard of in the internet world
7) Unheard of a 9E, 10E, and 14E width, in men’s and women’s, in the fashion shoe world
9E selection for Men and all these styles can be made into a 10E or 14E width thought our Special Order program
Very hard to find those slender and narrow widths in Men’s and Ladies.
4A Slender (7 Styles) and 2A Narrow (46 styles) for Women and B Narrow for Men (9 styles)
Where to find these widths:
8) Go to a 15 length for Women and a 20 length for Men.
9) A great percentage of our shoe line has a leather lining and usually only found in very high footwear. The reason why the leather lining is so important:
10) the strongest midsection in the shoe business. No bilateral movement and that will not add a significant amount of wear and tear to your feet over a day. This reinforcement will help control and support EDEMA or swelling situations.
11) WE WANT YOU TO HAVE “HAPPY FEET” ALL THE TIME!
12) Does your shoe allow you to have wiggle room in your toes? View the video 10200TL video
13) Does your shoe give you that full arch support? Added arch support through these unbelievable Heat Moldable Customized Inserts
14) Do your shoes create no hangover for the bottom of your feet?
15) Do your shoes offload or take the pressure off your areas that are hurting you?
16) Do your shoes have a fuller toe box or fuller instep support? Mandatory for EDEMA SHOES
17) Does your shoe have a steel shank?
18) Does your shoe have a removable footbed? Mandatory for EDEMA SHOES
19) Do your shoes come with spacers to help control the fit of your shoe?
20) Does your shoe have a protective layer that protects your foot from the ground? Mandatory for EDEMA SHOES
21) Does your shoe line have an An “AIRFLOW SYSTEM” – IN THE HEEL to help protect you from the outer surfaces when running or walking?
Example of this airflow system footwear and found in all our “0” series or any style that starts with the 0 images:
CEO of Dtfootwear.com that offers the best footwear found on the internet! GUARANTEE! I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthotic world.
President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | email@example.com
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn