If you have no time for a professional pedicure, there are some easy and effective at-home treatments you can try.
Besides saving time, these treatments have the added benefit of being easy and cost-effective because they can be done with inexpensive products you may already have at home.
These simple steps will have your feet looking and feeling better fast.
Start With a Soak
Add a few tablespoons of bath salts or Epsom salts to a basin of warm water and soak your feet for 5-15 minutes.
This will cleanse and soften skin and nails, making toenail trimming and callus removal much easier.
Once your feet are dry use a foot file tool or large nail file to gently file any corns or calluses.
Using light hand pressure, file corns, and calluses until the skin appears and feels smoother.
Sometimes larger corns and callouses will need to be professionally trimmed by a podiatrist, especially if they are painful.
Avoid callus shavers, as they may cut healthy skin and cause bleeding.
To remove dead skin cells and diminish rough skin, gently massage your feet with an exfoliating foot scrub product.
Be sure to avoid any wounds.
Rinse thoroughly after application.
If you prefer, you can make your own scrub:
- Dilute two tablespoons of sea salt with equal amounts of baby oil and lemon juice. Other types of oils that can be used are olive oil, coconut oil, or canola oil.
Here is a quick and simple routine for improving the look and health of toenails:
- Remove any nail polish.
- Trim toenails straight across so that some of the white remains.
- Lightly brush the surface of toenails with a nail buffer or fine grit nail file.
- Apply some lemon juice with a cotton swab on and around the nail to further remove dead skin and give nails a healthy shine.
- If your toenails are discolored yellow from frequent nail polish use, scrub them with a paste made of baking soda diluted with water.
Once feet are dry, finish by applying your favorite lotion or cream. For areas that tend to get cracks or calluses, try applying a heavier moisturizing product, such as a heel cream or balm.
- Do not cut toenail cuticles because they protect the nail and surrounding skin from infection.
- Toenails can absorb some of the pigment in nail polish causing a yellow discoloration. So, don’t always paint your toenails; take a few weeks off occasionally so they can return to normal, and you’ll see less discoloration.
- Nail polish removers with acetone can dry-out nails causing a chalky appearance. Try an acetone-free nail polish remover or apply a moisturizing product to the nail after removing the polish.
- Apply moisturizing products at least once a day to callused or cracked skin.
- Use an over-the-counter foot powder or sneaker spray if your feet tend to sweat.
- Rinse your feet with cool water after a long day in shoes. This will minimize the ravages of sweat, which can irritate skin and cause athlete’s foot.
- Seek medical treatment for any slow or non-healing wound, rash, or toenail infection.
WHERE’S PROPER FITTING FOOTWEAR FIT into THIS PICTURE?
YOU HAVE DONE ALL THIS WORK ( AS STATED ABOVE) IN CREATING THOSE SOFT AND FLEXIBLE FEET.
NOW, LET’S KEEP YOUR FEET IT THAT CONDITION WITH SHOES THAT FIT, SUPPORT, CREATE A PERFECT BALANCE, DEVELOPS NO PAIN OR SORRY.
THE BEST MID AND HEEL SUPPORT IN THE SHOE BUSINESS, AND HAS ALL OFFLOADING CONDITIONS THAT YOUR FEET CAN OFFER.
Widths- 4 A to 14 E widths for Men and Women and this unheard of in the shoe world.
Lengths are unheard of for Men and Women – Ladies up to 15 and Men up to 20 in lengths.
The only website to offer up to 3 sets of Heat Moldable Customized Inserts that is a $240.00 value or gift to you, no bilateral movement in our styling of shoes.
We also HAVE A VERY IMPORTATION STANDARD THAT WE WANT TO CONQUER WITH EVERYONE OF OUR CUSTOMERS
Here’s some additional information about our concern for Healthy Happy Feet all over the world:
One of our main goals, in life, is to see as many people as possible have “HEALTH HAPPY FEET” forever all over the world.
I still own a Medical Company (DTF CO) that handles footwear for the diabetics coast to coast, and in 20 years, we have had the pleasure of working with over 1/2 million patients. How our, www.dtfootwear.com.
The website was born by having the nurses (in over 850 facilities) asking for the same footwear and inserts for themselves as well.
The nurses heard and seen the smiles, the faces of happy clients, and the God Bless you.
We have had a 98 percent satisfaction rating with our service and products.
Now, we are working on having one of the top footwear lines on the internet.
Dealing with widths, lengths, sizing, fitting, major support issues.
Up to 3 sets of Heat Customized Moldable Over counter Inserts!
The only website that will give up to 3 sets of these inserts FREE.