No matter what the task or activity, your footwear serves many functions. Shoes protect our feet. They cushion our body weight, and allow us to walk on various kinds of terrain with ease. Plus, they make us comfortable or fashionable – hopefully both! Finding the proper shoes and making sure they fit are important for keeping your feet and your body happy.
Poorly fitting shoes can cause bunions, corns, calluses, hammertoes, plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, and more. Be mindful that we all have different foot shapes and different needs.
Even after you find the right shoes, remember that they will wear down and need to be replaced, usually every six months to one year of regular use.
So how do you find the right shoes? In this world of online shopping and big box stores, a knowledgeable shoe salesperson is hard to find. Gathered in part from information provided by specialists at the American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society and Harvard Health Publishing, these following tips can help you through the process.
- Have your feet measured. Your foot size and shape can change over time. So don’t rely on the fact that you have always worn a certain size. A great why to measure yourself at home: Proper Sizing Technique
- Most people have one foot that is larger than the other, so make sure you have BOTH feet measured. Fit your shoes to the larger foot.
- Shop for shoes during the afternoon — your foot naturally expands with use during the day. Measure you feet in the afternoon and make sure you pick a shoe line that give you the width selection – example: www.dtfootwear.com 4 A. 2 A. B (NARROW FOR MEN) B (MEDIUM FOR LADIES) THEN THE FOLLOWING WIDTHS FOR MEN AND WOMEN: D. 2 E. 3 E.4 E. 5 E. 6 E.7 E. 9 E. 10 E. 14 E . Then up to 15 in Ladies lengths and up to 20 in Men’s lengths. we call 5 E 6 E 7 E are “Wide Width Shoe”selection for men and women.
- Wear the same type of socks to the store that you intend to wear with the shoes.
- Stand in the shoes. Press gently on the top of the shoe to make sure you have about a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe. This provides enough room for your foot to press forward as you walk. Wiggle your toes to make sure there’s enough room.
- Just like clothes, the size marked inside the shoe may be different depending on the brand. So your shoe size is a just a starting point in selecting the correct shoe.
- Don’t plan on shoes stretching over time; they should fit well when you buy them.
- Always stand and walk around in the shoes to see if they are comfortable, fit well, and don’t chafe or rub anywhere. Your heel should not slip or slide while walking.
- make sure has proper inter support and that is correct inserts – if the bottom of your foot hurts you have no inter support and dtfootwear.com we offer the best inter support insert in the country and hers’s a few videos to tell you why.
Most important: Trust your own comfort level rather than a shoe’s size or description. Sizes vary between manufacturers. And no matter how comfortable an advertisement claims those shoes are, you’re the real judge.
Look for good shoe construction
Some basic principles of a good shoe include a cushioned heel, firm sole that doesn’t easily twist or bend, and flexibility at the proper area depending on the type of shoe. A soft breathable material for the upper of the shoe makes it more comfortable to wear for longer period of time and less likely to cause rubbing or skin irritation. There should be sufficient arch support in the shoe or in the insert inside the shoe. Many shoes can be made to fit better simply by removing the factory insert and replacing it with a high quality off-the-shelf inserts. For more on orthotics and footwear check out www.dtfootwear.com
Following these simple steps will help minimize your risk of shoe problems and foot problems. Don’t believe the myth that fashionable shoes have to be uncomfortable. We at dtfootwear.com offer designer therapeutic/orthopedic that looks great and fits like a million dollars! There are many stylish shoes out there that feel good too. If you have certain foot or ankle problems, then talk to your orthopedic foot and ankle doctor. Don’t sacrifice comfort and safety for fashion. Your feet will thank you in the long run!
Remember 85 percent of the styles offer on line are consider high heels, comfort shoes and athletic footwear. If you want to go the step above in comfort, balance, support and that is inter and outer support, air flow heel system, extended bottoms, 3 to 1 combination last for Ladies, all the widths offer in the shoe business, FREE Heat Moldable Customized Inserts up to a $240.00 gift to you, lengths unheard of, designer styling, and a number more great features all found www.dtfootwear.com.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR TO CONTINUE THE SUCCESS OF KEEPING YOUR FEET HAPPY, HEALTH AND COMFORTABLE AT ALL TIMES
We have a favorite and that is www.dtfootwear.com!
Therapeutic/Orthopedic construction that is comfortable, supportive, fitting, balance, strongest mid-intersection support, airflow heel construction, widths unheard of in the shoe world, great service, special order program, lengths unheard in the shoe world, again 3 to one combination last for ladies, extension, on the bottoms, on many of our styles, 9 e 10 e 14 e widths for men and women , again Free heat moldable customized inserts and that is up to 3 sets with a purchase of a pair of shoes or a $240.00 gift to you, ship internationally.
WHAT ARE MAJOR GOAL AT WWW.DTFOOTWEAR.COM
Healthy Happy Feet
One of our main goals, in life, is to see as many people as possible have “HEALTH HAPPY FEET” forever all over the world. I still own a Medical Company (DTF CO) that handles footwear for the diabetics coast to coast, and in 18 years, we have had the pleasure of working with over 1/2 million patients. How our, www.dtfootwear.com, the website was born by having the nurses (in over 850 facilities) asking for the same footwear and inserts for themselves as well. The nurses heard and seen the smiles, the faces of happy clients, and the God Bless you, etc. all the time, and we have had a 98 percent satisfaction rating with our service and products. Now, we are working on having one of the top footwear lines on the internet – dealing with widths, lengths, sizing, fitting, major support issues, up to 3 sets of Heat Customized Moldable Over the counter Inserts and the only website that will give up to 3 sets of these inserts FREE.
CEO of Dtfootwear.com that offers the best footwear found on the internet! GUARANTEE!
I have been in the footwear business for over 50 years and been trained by the best in the Therapeutic/Orthopedic world.
President/Founder | Cell # 909-215-1622 | firstname.lastname@example.org
DTFootwear.com Designer Therapeutic Footwear Co.
Follow Us:| Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn